What Is This Symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Square root or an unfinished graph of something ought six was getting ready to post.

The efficiency goes up a little, drops, then goes back up leveling out until the filter goes into bypass. The flow stays the same.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Your post wouldn't happen to be about the student in Louisiana, would it?

Yes, it does. But, I was hesitant to post about it, hoping it wouldn't have political ties to it, and get me a vacation. DN3 solved that problem for me. I did have to use the square root symbol every now again in my daily work when working with formulas.
When that happened here in La., everyone knew about it within a half hour of it happening. People in La. LOVE to gossip, and this was EXTRA JUICY! SMH!

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
This is what unchecked hysteria will produce ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/25/mat...-louisiana.html

As of this point, given the info ...

A student draws the square root sign, WHILE IN MATH CLASS, and someone thinks it looks like a gun; reported to officials and is now investigated.

I weep for the future ...

If you read the article it saya they investigated because the student said Lets get to work before I shoot you with a pistol.

The weeping should be for the
1) the convoluted truthtelling that fox news uses in putting the squareroot as the primary reason as the title of the article and burying the other reason.

2) how so many just immediately swallow down what faux new reports and don't think for themselves...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
This is what unchecked hysteria will produce ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/25/mat...-louisiana.html

As of this point, given the info ...

A student draws the square root sign, WHILE IN MATH CLASS, and someone thinks it looks like a gun; reported to officials and is now investigated.

I weep for the future ...

If you read the article it saya they investigated because the student said Lets get to work before I shoot you with a pistol.

The weeping should be for the
1) the convoluted truthtelling that fox news uses in putting the squareroot as the primary reason as the title of the article and burying the other reason.

2) how so many just immediately swallow down what faux new reports and don't think for themselves

Congrats on bringing politics into this.

It always was. just keeping it real without the dog whistles.
The article should be written as student suspended because they made comment about shooting fellow student.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
IBTL...

21.gif

I stand by what I said.

I was not defending, nor ignoring, the student's comment about shooting people; "Lets get to work before I shoot you with a pistol". That was stupid on his part. But no more stupid than the students (multiple of them, I'll add), that thought the mathematical symbol looks like a gun in the first place.
Quoting the article "After several students reportedly made such a comment ..."
and this: "Allen Parish Sheriff Doug Hebert later indicated that gossip among students had distorted the comment to make it sound as though the student was a potential threat ...".

Stupid kid with really poor judgement. Stupid kids taking something out of context and blowing it out of proportion.

Like I said, I weep for the future.

Last edited:
They are kids. Of course kids dont know what a sqrt is. Thats why they are students in a math class working on it, so they can learn what it is.

The article implies its the administration or the police or adults who don't know. By putting reason x next to result y, people take away its the adults who dont know.
Even if they may put it in more detail later, that's what people are taking away.

That's what you see in the hospital as your vital signs flat line on the monitor next to your bed. You scream but only hear laughing nurses telling jokes down the hall as you pass out.

Remember with a positive displacement oil pump, not variable speed, your flow will be the same unless the relief valve kicks in.

LUBER FINER

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back