Who here has satellite radio in your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife has it in her car. Love the 70's channel. How about you guys? What channel(s) do you enjoy.

I have it. Usually listen to NASCAR, Fox News, and then bounce bewteen a bunch of music channels. I have streaming too for when I am at work.

I have it in my work vehicle, love the 80's and 90's rock music.
thumbsup2.gif
25.gif

My dad has it. I can't stand the sound quality. Way too compressed.

I use Spotify. $10 a month and much better quality. Not as useful for the talk radio.

Had it for a few years, did find a new genre of music that I liked. But I started to think it repeated the same songs like local stations do, just with better selection of genre. When I had some billing issues & got dropped I found I didn't miss it that much.

I also did not like how it was tied to one receiver. Yeah if I wanted to pay, I could have more than one device. Too cheap for that.

I have it in my truck and daily driven Civic. Love Lithium 34. Actually going to cancel the service as tired of having to call every year and threaten to cancel to get a lower rate.

I've always been told that XM is not in stereo.

Last edited:
Have it in our vehicles. I use it for sports and old country music namely- Willys Roadhouse and my wife for Hair Nation.

I have it, but I also listen to Pandora Plus at times too. I find if you do not beat up XM on the pricing it is not worth it. I currently pay $110 per year for 2 vehicles and if it goes up past that, I will drop it.

Originally Posted By: Richie
I have it in my truck and daily driven Civic. Love Lithium 34. Actually going to cancel the service as tired of having to call every year and threaten to cancel to get a lower rate.

I've always been told that XM is not in stereo.

Yes, but it works to get a decent price!

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I have it, but I also listen to Pandora Plus at times too. I find if you do not beat up XM on the pricing it is not worth it. I currently pay $110 per year for 2 vehicles and if it goes up past that, I will drop it.

For two vehicles? That is good!

I have it, awful fidelity. I let my subscription expire due to the terrible quality, and Sirrius called with a fantastic deal. So I remain a customer.

I had it a long ago, actually it first came out; I had two units of XM, in the house and in the car, plus online access; Sirius was on the opposite end; I enjoyed talk shows for the most part; the most recent XM we had it in our CRV when we bought it; eventually it all phase out and I never got it back; I couldn't justify the price, for a little time I use our CRV;

However, in this day and age, with all the smartphones out there there is no need for XM Radio IMO

When I bought my Sonata it came with a 3 month trial for SiriusXM. I tried to listen to it but the music was awful, stuff I had never heard of. All these garage bands that I didn't want to hear.

Plus it had bad sound quality too, it's compressed a lot.

I couldn't understand the constant bragging on there how there's no/little commercials but it was actually loaded with commercials.

Then the comedy channel I somewhat liked would have a talk show all of a sudden come on for an hour, and it wasn't even a comedy talk show?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman
The wife has it in her car. Love the 70's channel. How about you guys? What channel(s) do you enjoy.

That would be channel #26.

I listen to #26 much of the time.

I wouldn't call the quality awful-but it's definitely less than CD quality-when they first started it was very close to CD quality.

In the wide open spaces of "The West" you will still find miles and miles of ZERO CELLPHONE COVERAGE as well as zero to weak "AM" stations-forget about FM stations. So while it's not a must have it's a nice "to have" if you do any long-distance driving in "The West".

Rock, both old and new, classical, jazz, country, talk, comedy (there are three comedy channels)-it's all there.

Last edited:
I got it for a free 3 month trial in my new Corvette and decided to continue paying for it, at least for the time being. I mainly listen to Ozzy's Boneyard and Hair Nation but I also listen to the other metal channels too like Octane, Lithium, Liquid Metal and XM Turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back