Best "wax as you dry" type spray wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite spray wax,Eagle One Nano Wax decided to change the formula. First thing I noticed was the coconut smell was gone. Next thing I noticed was the color,it's now white instead of clear. It now leaves black plastic trim slightly white and chalky whereas it used to make it really rich and glossy. I also noticed it leaves white hazy residue on the paint. Why do companies "ruin" excellent products?

So to my question. What's everyone's opinion on what the best spray wax as you dry type stuff is,that you can use on all the black plastic trim,mouldings,etc?

Optimum Spray Wax fits the bill. It won’t stain any trim and can be used on any external surface including glass though I generally don’t take it that far.

I've only used two. Meguiars D156 and Eagle 1 Wax-as-u-dry. The D156 wins hands down, although both look nice. The Eagle1 actually had a bit deeper gloss but didn't last nearly as long and after driving through heavy rains I would get a strange film on the windshield that wasn't present when I didn't use it.

I don't havea favorite. I buy a boatload of them on sale and discontinued at closeout stores.

WAUD is good
Meguiar's
Eagle1
Nu-Finish
All have a wax-it-dry product and there are ton more. All for about $2-3

PimTac is spot on about the OCW. Very durable spray wax.

Lately I have been using Duragloss Aquawax which doesn't have super durability but goes on like a QD spray.

If you want to stay within the Eagle One family then you might try this stuff. Back when it first came out, it was well regarded. Not sure if they have cut the quality since then.

https://eagleone.com/wax-as-u-dry

Hi: I just started using my first spray wax - Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax and so far I really like it. All I've ever used is their carnauba liquid wax and this seems like a good companion product. It quickly restores the shine and slickness to the finish. I also ind it super handy for all the nooks and crannies and door jambs.

Buck91.. I believe the D156 is the pro version of the Ultimate Quik Wax. Have you ever compared the two? The D156 is certainly cheaper per ounce as it comes in the gallon size.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I don't havea favorite. I buy a boatload of them on sale and discontinued at closeout stores.

WAUD is good
Meguiar's
Eagle1
Nu-Finish
All have a wax-it-dry product and there are ton more. All for about $2-3

^^^^^^ This … all I’m really using it for is a Bug Cleaner … and it makes it easier to get them off next time …

Lucas Slick Mist is pretty sweet.

Griot's Spray On Wax works well too.

Meguiar's Ultimate streaks unless the finish is dry before application. For me, at least.

I really like Autosmart cobalt+ as a drying aid. Leaves an incredible gloss and nice beading too.

Have you guys used Sonax Brilliant Shine Retailer already? That is an insane product u can use wax as you dry if you like.

I like eagle 1 wax as u dry. I use it on my rv as i'm not going to hand buff dried wax off it!

I also use the eagle waud on top of the klasse sealant .

Originally Posted By: Tommiee
I really like Autosmart cobalt+ as a drying aid. Leaves an incredible gloss and nice beading too.

Have you guys used Sonax Brilliant Shine Retailer already? That is an insane product u can use wax as you dry if you like.

Sonax BSD is another excellent choice.

Originally Posted By: buck91
I've only used two. Meguiars D156 and Eagle 1 Wax-as-u-dry. The D156 wins hands down, although both look nice. The Eagle1 actually had a bit deeper gloss but didn't last nearly as long and after driving through heavy rains I would get a strange film on the windshield that wasn't present when I didn't use it.

These two are exactly my two go-to's for either last touch spray or 'drying aid'. Both work amazingly well, and I agree that the Eagle-1 has a better shine, but the D156 lasts longer.

Here's a pic of the Fusion with regular D156 applications (and the occasional Eagle-1). This pic is right after a wash and D156 application:

24pxma1.jpg

SirTanon:
Have you happened to compare the Ultimate Quik Wax in the black bottles to their D156 in the gallon jugs? I hear they are supposed to be very similar except for scent perhaps. The D156 is certainly a better deal per ounce. I've been pleased so far with the Ultimate.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back