ACEA A5/B5 vs ACEA A3/B4 for Volvo V60 Polestar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Would it be ok to use Mobil 1 0w-40 Fully Synthetic (ACEA A3/B4) for the Volvo V60 Polestar (2015 model with 3.0 Ltr straight 6 turbo engiine - 350 hp). The manual suggests ACEA A5/B5 0w-30 oils like Castrol Edge Titanium. Will 0w-40 be ok? I prefer Mobil 1 due to having used it in multiple cars in the past but don't want to do something horribly wrong. I also have quite a supply of Mobil 1 and don't really want to buy new oil. If it is usable, will there be a drop in fuel economy or the way the engine behaves?

Any advice appreciated.

Originally Posted By: A1ex
Hi guys,

Would it be ok to use Mobil 1 0w-40 Fully Synthetic (ACEA A3/B4) for the Volvo V60 Polestar (2015 model with 3.0 Ltr straight 6 turbo engiine - 350 hp). The manual suggests ACEA A5/B5 0w-30 oils like Castrol Edge Titanium. Will 0w-40 be ok? I prefer Mobil 1 due to having used it in multiple cars in the past but don't want to do something horribly wrong. I also have quite a supply of Mobil 1 and don't really want to buy new oil. If it is usable, will there be a drop in fuel economy or the way the engine behaves?

Any advice appreciated.

My friend roads and tracks his 2014 Porsche on that stuff … I think so …

Would it be OK to use Mobil 1 0w-40 Fully Synthetic (ACEA A3/B4)

Yes. It is outstanding oil.

Thanks so far guys. The car is a daily driver if that helps. So from an economy viewpoint the A5/B5 0w-30 is better?

What is ultimately better for the engine?

Thanks so far guys. The car is a daily driver if that helps. So from an economy viewpoint the A5/B5 0w-30 is better?

What is ultimately better for the engine?

The main difference, as I understand it, between A5/B5 and A3/B4 is HTHS. I'm pretty firmly in the "thicker is better" camp. Within reason, of course.

I'm not sure you'll actually find a difference in everyday fuel economy between the two.

My son has a T6 R Design. I use 5W30 Pennzoil Ultra which is A5/B5 rates as recommended by Volvo. $25 at Walmart. Sometimes Amazon matches or beats the price as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back