Few oils i noticed at Wal Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed the valvoline modern engine synthetic and edge 5w40 while at wal mart this a.m. saw lots of old style jugs of ST 0W20 also
smile.gif

Craziness..... I wonder how the marketing departments think these will be "good sellers"?!?!!?

Thankfully, I got a number of Pennz Platiunum European Formula for $21 /5qt jug.

Huh, never seen M1 EP HM before.

And Valvoline sucks at marketing, both Advanced Full Synthetic (previous stickered as SynPower) and Modern Engine are Dexos1Gen2, So basically it's pointless. I think if they're trying to compete with M1 EP/AP they should have called it something else other than "modern engine" because plenty of people want the absolute best oil for their older vehicles - perhaps SynPower Extreme or something.

Last edited:
Man deja vu! I was just about to post about the Mobil 1 0W20 Extended Performance
laugh.gif
Anyone here use it in their 0W20 speed vehicles? Not sure if the sexy Nikki Leon caught my eye or the Mobil 1
wink.gif
But seriously,I am wondering about this oil,and trying it on my Accord (the non-high mileage formula). The only Extended Performance M1 I ever tried was the 15W50 in my 300ZX around 15 or so years ago.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Man deja vu! I was just about to post about the Mobil 1 0W20 Extended Performance
laugh.gif
Anyone here use it in their 0W20 speed vehicles? Not sure if the sexy Nikki Leon caught my eye or the Mobil 1
wink.gif
But seriously,I am wondering about this oil,and trying it on my Accord. The only Extended Performance M1 I ever tried was the 15W50 in my 300ZX around 15 or so years ago.

I just put 5 quarts of it in my 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler 3.6, which specifies 0w20. It doesn't meet Chrysler's MS6395 spec (I'm sure it exceeds it wildly), so I may have sinned.
grin.gif
Oh well, not the first time.

I left the factory fill in for 2007 miles. I took a sample for Blackstone. I'll run this stuff for at least 3,000 miles and maybe as far as 5,000 before changing it. I'll capture and send a sample then, too. At that point, I'll probably go with M1 AP 0w20 and run it for full year OCI's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IndyFan
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
laugh.gif
wink.gif
But seriously,I am wondering about this oil,and trying it on my Accord. The only Extended Performance M1 I ever tried was the 15W50 in my 300ZX around 15 or so years ago.

I just put 5 quarts of it in my 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler 3.6, which specifies 0w20. It doesn't meet Chrysler's MS6395 spec (I'm sure it exceeds it wildly), so I may have sinned.
grin.gif
Oh well, not the first time.

I left the factory fill in for 2007 miles. I took a sample for Blackstone. I'll run this stuff for at least 3,000 miles and maybe as far as 5,000 before changing it. I'll capture and send a sample then, too. At that point, I'll probably go with M1 AP 0w20 and run it for full year OCI's.

It will exceed it wildly. The Chrysler thing is politics.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
All priced out of my buy this oil now buy range!

Yeah, I think Valvoline missed the boat pricing this syn at $39~

Maybe I'm actually nuts LOL!

Rural King may just get my oil buying business as their syn is Cheap! Or I'll use M1

Run 10K OCIs and it won't be.

Originally Posted By: tig1

Run 10K OCIs and it won't be.

Good point tig1

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
5W-40 in Castrol.
laugh.gif

Yeah, and they quit stocking PP EURO 0W40 AND EDGE 0W40
frown.gif

Am I missing something? First WalMart introduces Mobil 1 AP for $50 then reduces it to $40, still isn't a big seller. Then they introduce Valvoline "Modern Engine" for $40. Neither of those oils really appeal price wise to the usual MalMart customers it seems
21.gif

Whimsey

It is doubtful that they sell a lot of Mobil AP when the EP is available for about $10 cheaper. Moreover, not a lot of people believe in an idea of 20K mile oil change intervals.

Wow..... That's cruddy. That's a very big increase in price.

And you are right about the Valvoline Modern Engine being WAY too high... $39 and change. That will be another dust collector. Stupid. It had a regular price of $44 plus at AZ. Made my $26.99 deal I had gotten at AZ for the Valvoline Modern Engine and a STP XL oil filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back