Sunday’s late afternoon blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I regularly have that Saturday late afternoon moment where I don’t feel well. Is there any bitoger here that can relate, past or present, with this thing? I need to share and listen about it.

Thanks everyone

Originally Posted By: Superflan
Hi,

I regularly have that Saturday late afternoon moment where I don’t feel well. Is there any bitoger here that can relate, past or present, with this thing? I need to share and listen about it.

Thanks everyone

MLB games are back this weekend. Sure sign that spring is approaching.
Wait ....... are you in Africa? Well then the blahs can be coming from your food, environment.....etc.....etc. Do you typically eat / drink the same things earlier in the day? Where is that African water traced to and is-it tested?

Last edited:
I get the Sunday night blues every week. Theres so much more to life than a 9-5, and so much of our lives pass by while were there.

Is there any bitoger here that can relate, past or present, with this thing? I need to share and listen about it

Try to schedule more weekend activities with your wife... also, try to get other couples involved.
Social interaction is VERY fulfilling to the human soul!

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Wait ....... are you in Africa? Where is that African water traced to and is-it tested?

Not Quite.
Réunion Island, a French department in the Indian Ocean, is a very tiny island due East of Madagascar.

Originally Posted By: Audios
I get the Sunday night blues every week. There's so much more to life than a 9-5, and so much of our lives pass by while were there.

Same here.... I desperately wish I could afford to retire, even if I lived in near poverty.

Hi,

Thanks everyone

Did you eat something out of the ordinary on Saturday?

I had those Sunday afternoon blues for many years, to a point that it made me physically ill thinking about work on Monday. Well when I hit 62 I said so long & never looked back, fast forward to the future (8 years later), I still smile every Sunday evening knowing I do it my way now.
grin.gif

I get them as well; it's the dread of yet another long hectic work week. We humans have made our lives so [censored] complicated now it's not even funny anymore. We work at the speed of light darn near, then grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, going to the cell phone store every week to fix those problems etc.... IMHO, life is getting more and more stressful as technology advances; it was supposed to be the other way around, but it's not!

I'm thinking of becoming Amish. I seriously, honestly wonder whether it would be a better way to live rather than living the 21st century human rat race.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I get them as well; it's the dread of yet another long hectic work week. We humans have made our lives so [censored] complicated now it's not even funny anymore. We work at the speed of light darn near, then grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, going to the cell phone store every week to fix those problems etc.... IMHO, life is getting more and more stressful as technology advances; it was supposed to be the other way around, but it's not!

I'm thinking of becoming Amish. I seriously, honestly wonder whether it would be a better way to live rather than living the 21st century human rat race.

Could be. Fri night & Sat night tend to be "relaxing" more than other nights are, and Sat can be a day of play, or work that isn't work; and Sun can be that time where it hits. I definitely feel something on a number of Sunday mornings.

I suspect it's the emotional roller coaster known as life. Pretty hard to have just one happy feeling all the time.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Is there any bitoger here that can relate, past or present, with this thing? I need to share and listen about it

Try to schedule more weekend activities with your wife... also, try to get other couples involved.
Social interaction is VERY fulfilling to the human soul!

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Wait ....... are you in Africa? Where is that African water traced to and is-it tested?

Not Quite.
Réunion Island, a French department in the Indian Ocean, is a very tiny island due East of Madagascar.

Being trapped on a very small island would drive me crazy....

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Since retiring, six Saturdays and one Sunday in my week.
cool.gif

Lol. When people ask me how retirement is going, I tell them every day is a Saturday, except Sunday. And that's a Sunday. Sounds like we think the same.

As to the Sunday afternoon feelings, they sound like they are associated with the thought of going back to work to a job you don't like after some leisure time. I used to get those feelings in late August or early September with the thought of going back to school. They went away when I started working summers. Maybe get a part time paid or volunteer job on the weekends? Finding a job you really like is the obvious answer, but that is easier said than done.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Le cafard?

Exactly. Tell me more?

Dunno. Everyone's situation is different. You're on a French tropical island paradise and you're depressed. I'm on a Chinese tropical island industrial stinkpot and I'm depressed
smile.gif

The phrase is often associated with the French Foreign Legion (dunno if the Spanish Foreign Legion have an equivalent phrase) , where it went with boredom/inactivity and isolation, and went away in action, so you could try being more active and/or less isolated.

I wouldn't personally recommend joining the Legion, though it seems quite popular.

Danger seems to work quite well, though. When I was younger I used to ride my motorcycle beyond my skill level (not difficult). At a very low point (though after a relationship end so perhaps a special case) I went climbing on the Forth Rail Bridge on New Years Eve. Scared the **** out of myself (I don't like heights) and when I got back on the ground I was glad to be alive. I had a cup of coffee.

Have a cup of coffee.

As various people have pointed out, the timing suggests an association with a return to work. I'm in that situation at the moment (first teaching day of the new semester) and its caused not so much by the job unpleasantness, as by the feeling that I have wasted the vacation, both in terms of fun activities, and in terms of not being properly prepared for new classes.

So don't do what I do. Do what you have to do, then do what you want to do, but do do that voodoo.

Carpe diem.

Dey aint makin many more of dem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back