Virgin Wix 51348 filter cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use this application in Napa Gold 1348 form on a Tacoma 3.4L and Kohler engine lawnmower. Get them at local Napa semiannual sale for
Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Is that a Purolator Wix or an older, pre-Mann purchase Wix Co filter?

As far as I can tell, WIX never changed their build methods/construction formats.
(Unlike the "Frampions" some occasionally talk about)

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Is that a Purolator Wix or an older, pre-Mann purchase Wix Co filter?

As far as I can tell, WIX never changed their build methods/construction formats.
(Unlike the "Frampions" some occasionally talk about)

I hope they don't change...after what happened when M+H bought Purolator ... it would be a shame if Wix quality went the same way.

Quote:
Is that a Purolator Wix.....

Purolator Wix? Never heard of it. Purolator and Wix are two separate US based filter manufacturers that happened to owned by the same company now, M&H.

To this point 'IME' I've seen no relationship or cross over of Purolator made OF to Wix made filters.

Can't see the manufacture date on topic filter, but either way having purchased an NG 1348 back in October made June of last year after M&H purchase complete, filter same as I've always used. Not that it matters to me, it still has hole punched center tube.

This was from a case of filters I bought from Rock auto about 4 years ago. I was maintaining 2 Saturn's and a riding mower that took them. Both Saturn's have gone to the boneyard, but they do fit the Briggs Vanguard on my Deere garden tractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back