EMP Oil Mate exchanger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil Mate

I haul OTR based in Escanaba, MI. and EMP is one of our customers, other day had a trailer full of these..don't recall any discussions here but supports the TCW-3 and step OCI theory I practice on my TGDI 1.5T.

Cummins had a similar system available maybe 20 years ago.

To be honest, you are always going to be burning some NEW oil, also - - -
I'd rather just change it all at once.

How it works

How It Works

The patented Oil Mate™ system removes a small amount of used engine oil and blends it with the fuel to be burned during combustion. The used oil is then replaced with an equal amount of fresh oil from a make-up tank, extending oil and filter use. Oil Mate™ operates well within emissions guidelines. This system is currently installed on more than 50,000 diesel engines. The system is available in many different options - it can be specified as original equipment, retrofitted to your existing engine, or customized to exact specifications.

A lot of the buses here are now using EMP's mini-hybrid cooling fan systems and alternators.

But isn't this incompatible with DPF systems due to ash loading?

they don't seem to warn or caution DPF's on their site, somebody's buying them I pulled 42,000lbs. down to Indy Thursday and they're light units.

Side note: IN. has the worst roads in the nation, maybe north america, obviously the corrupt government there is saying prayers for the potholes instead of fixing them...I-65 looks like a third world war zone, disabled vehicles with wheel problems all over on top of the weavers trying to avoid them, some 2-3 cubic feet, tens of thousands of them..this is not new been going on for years..travel IN. at your own risk, I avoid it at hours premium, time wisely spent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back