shell x100 oil stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this on clearance at auto zone for 0.97 not sure if it is like stp or lucas really got it for the can which is cool looking.
I put in my old worn out f150 with a small block 302 after a week of heavy loads and towing equipment she was down a quart, I can say one thing it is thinner than stp in this 70 degree weather.

Goes to show how much they make off that stuff.I believe that sold for well over $10.00 to begin with.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Goes to show how much they make off that stuff.I believe that sold for well over $10.00 to begin with.

They sell it at a loss to "abolish it from their system" very quickly.

Bean counters with economics degrees study product cost/sale speed VERY closely.

Realistically, there is often supplier participation in these clearances.
A supplier wants a retailer to offer a product that the retailer isn't too sure about.
The supplier then offers a stop-loss on the product to get the retailer to stock it and the retailer agrees.
The product doesn't move at any commercially viable price, so the retailer goes into clearance mode and then gets a credit for the previously agreed amount for the clearanced product to be used against future orders of the supplier's other offerings.
This is how it works in the real world of retail.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Realistically, there is often supplier participation in these clearances.
A supplier wants a retailer to offer a product that the retailer isn't too sure about.
The supplier then offers a stop-loss on the product to get the retailer to stock it and the retailer agrees.
The product doesn't move at any commercially viable price, so the retailer goes into clearance mode and then gets a credit for the previously agreed amount for the clearanced product to be used against future orders of the supplier's other offerings.
This is how it works in the real world of retail.

Very interesting, good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back