Hastings LF0608/Baldwin BT7349

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any links to the specs on these filters? I had done some searching and cant find any new data on these. From what I can find, other than paint they are the same filters, appear to be cellulose but other than that, not much, shy of emailing the respective tech departments.

Just looking at some food for thought on my Cummins for standard (24,000km) oil changes. Locally Fleetguard LF16035's run for 22$ before tax but the 0608's are 12$.

Now, from hearsay, the LF16035 has a better media and better filtration. But will this even make a difference in the life of the 6.7 ISB?

Thanks

Baldwin BT7349
30 micron Absolute, 14 micron nominal (figure about 85%+ at 14 microns)
Sounds ok......

There is no Hastings LF0608, but the HASTINGS LF608 should be the same (supposedly they come from the same factory?)

Have you looked at the Fram Ultra XG3976A?

To be honest.....

If you want to get analretentive about buying the best oil filter,
get the Donaldson DBL7349 (previously labeled the ELF7349).

Didn't you know that no one around here cares about efficiency?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
To be honest.....

If you want to get analretentive about buying the best oil filter,
get the Donaldson DBL7349 (previously labeled the ELF7349).

How and why?

The last ELF7349 I dealt with, as well as the first 3 DBL7349 I got, all had or have metal shavings left in their threads. Plus Donaldson has cheapened them out over the years - the media has fewer pleats and the filter weighs less than back in 2006 - 2007. Others say they found metal shavings in Fleetguard LF3894 filters as well, so I am ready to say goodbye to these mainstream darlings. Sadly I still have 2 of the 3 DBL7349s on the shelf.

Last edited:
Crossfilters.com: 3 pack of Fleetguard LF16035 for $46 with free shipping, they also carry the Donaldson DBL7349 pack of 3 for $40 shipped. Best shipped prices I’ve come across.

Originally Posted By: Extreme-Duty
Sadly I still have 2 of the 3 DBL7349s on the shelf.

I'll buy them from you if shipping to Texas isn't too bad.

Thanks guys! And yes, it was the LF608. My mistake.

I guess the next question is about the efficiency. While the LF16035 has better numbers as do the DBL7349, is there a measurable difference where the rubber meets the pavement? Are any wear rates different or anything that may show up on a UOA?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Extreme-Duty
Sadly I still have 2 of the 3 DBL7349s on the shelf.

I'll buy them from you if shipping to Texas isn't too bad.

Donaldson SWARFMax special edition filters featuring Donaldson's proprietary steel solid lubricants aren't cheap, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back