JCB automatic transmission fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1989 JCB backhoe, need to change the automatic transmission fluid. The manual says to use "JCB special transmission fluid." I can't find this fluid for sale anywhere local, and I've heard it would be very expensive anyway. The only specs I can find indicate ESP-M2C-33G, but came across a post in a heavy equipment forum that said it was simply ATF type F. Does this sound right?

Last edited:
That actually does. My dad has a telescopic loader of the same vintage with the shuttle shift transmission and all we ever put it in was auto tranny fluid. More likely for us we used Mercon Dexron 3 since our pickups used the same.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
M2C33-G is Type F.

Interesting!

A lot of hydraulics (esp Sundstrand) spec oils that just about any Dexron/Mercon III will meet.

I dump the used Mercon V from my 2008 F150 into my tractor Hyd system
grin.gif
grin2.gif
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
M2C33-G is Type F.

Interesting!

A lot of hydraulics (esp Sundstrand) spec oils that just about any Dexron/Mercon III will meet.

I dump the used Mercon V from my 2008 F150 into my tractor Hyd system
grin.gif
grin2.gif
cheers3.gif

This is not entirely true. I would personally avoid use of transmission fluids in my hydraulic system, and certainly NEVER use used fluid in my system. Here is a snippit from the latest Danfoss (former Sundstrand, Saure-Sundstrand, Sauer-Danfoss) fluids manual. Mercon III is not approved, and used to be on the questionable list if I remember right. Additionally in meeting the OEM spec, it must also meet ISO 11158

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back