2009 Nissan Navara D40 2.5L/Castrol Edge 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello to all,

at 123.000 km with castrol edge titanium 5w30 & fram ultra for 13.000km

truck lately is suffering from timing chain/tensioner rattle but the analysis is perfect i think so if you can comment on this!
truck is booked next week to checked by the dealer for timing chain problems

here is the uoa

Last edited:
never had a single digit wear on iron! you think its possible? previous uoa's was with redline and amsoil

Last edited:
I wonder what a 3000 mile/4828 kilometer interval would look like on your truck? I'm guessing it's similar to a 370Z engine?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I wonder what a 3000 mile/4828 kilometer interval would look like on your truck? I'm guessing it's similar to a 370Z engine?

mine is the YD25 2.5liter 4cyl engine...370z has a v6 engine i think 3.7 liter..

but 5000km on synthetic? its a waste dont you think?

That being a diesel, and given the universal averages, I would gather it would be difficult to try to chase a number. Now, this is a diesel, right, given the subforum? What Edge 5w-30 are you using? Is that the A5/B5 version, the C3 version, or the A3/B4 version, or something else?

Originally Posted By: Garak
That being a diesel, and given the universal averages, I would gather it would be difficult to try to chase a number. Now, this is a diesel, right, given the subforum? What Edge 5w-30 are you using? Is that the A5/B5 version, the C3 version, or the A3/B4 version, or something else?

yes a diesel, its the 5w30 titanium c3 version ! we dont have 5w30 a3/b4 here..

but ive picked up and running now edge titanium 0w-40 a3/b4 to see how that will go in 10.000km

Last edited:
Timing chain problems with a YD25 is normal...there is an update kit I think. When these come in I use the Edge A3/B4 5W-30 and give them a 15,000km interval...and they always go over that.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Yes, iron is high, but not too terribly high. You do have ultra low sulfur diesel there, if I recall correctly?

yes we have ULSD here!

Originally Posted By: Silk
Timing chain problems with a YD25 is normal...there is an update kit I think. When these come in I use the Edge A3/B4 5W-30 and give them a 15,000km interval...and they always go over that.

changed my upper chain tensioner 3 days ago. i dont hear any noises and if i judge from my iron levels i donts have chain issues...ive seen uoa's with chain issues and they have over 100 ppm of iron...

what do you think?

does your navara have DPF ? when will you make a UOA on the 0w40?? i have a suspicion that your UOA will be much better and B4 oils are more superior than C3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back