What is Synthetic Resin filtering media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best estimate is that's a synthetic blend media. Resin treatment is used in oil filters to condition celluose material for this service.

NBR is an abbreviation for nitrile butyl rubber, a man-made synthetic form of rubber elastomer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha

NBR is an abbreviation for nitrile butyl rubber, a man-made synthetic form of rubber elastomer.

Thanks. And Nitrile is the better material right? Sorry, a bit out of practice. I assume that since it's a cartridge filter they're talking about the o-rings not the gasket.

Silicone based rubber holds up to the heat cycles over time better than nitrile based rubber in oil filter service, in terms of retaining flexibility. Chemical resistance is similar. So for an ADBV use silicone is superior, but as a static o-ring NBR should be fine. Have you had any prior difficulties with o-ring functionality over the course of a O/FCI?

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
a blend like Fram Extra Hard

I know a few board members that seem to have a continuous Fram Extra Hard!

I know a few board members that seem to have a continuous Fram Extra Hard!

grin2.gif
grin.gif
crackmeup2.gif
banana2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
grin.gif
grin2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

The Fanatics?

Gollum with his golden "Precious" comes to mind . . .
whistle.gif

anyone who always has something derogatory to say about every other brand except one type, y'know
wink.gif

Last edited:
whistle.gif

anyone who always has something derogatory to say about every other brand except one type, y'know
wink.gif

lol.gif
... You mean like all the blind haters that bad mouth Frams. I wouldn't call stating inferior performance specs or physical failures "derogatory" when they are facts.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
whistle.gif

wink.gif

lol.gif
... You mean like all the blind haters that bad mouth Frams. I wouldn't call stating inferior performance specs or physical failures "derogatory" when they are facts.

Nope, the type that selectively edits out supporting web links when quoting another's post

The type that can have an entire thread about them not only started but go on for pages

The type that doesn't post things supporting their assertions and think anyone posting owes them personal explanation on their motivations for posting

The type that tells everyone else they better post material to back up their posts but don't do so themselves

That's a Golum, who just happens to have a golden "Precious"

You mean like some that go down obscure rabbit holes for no good reasons or have misconceptions and bad reading skills, and read between the lines way too much?
grin2.gif

What part of my further explanation posted previously for your question about what I mean did you not understand (or is it poor reading skills)?

What part do you not understand? Pretty clear to me. Looks like more misconseptions and another trip down into the Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole. Have fun!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back