Batteries @ Menards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Menards tonight and was perusing the auto section.
All of the Exide batteries are on clearance.
The replacement is AC Delco Advanced. All had a top on them that I didn't recognize. They have a 36 month free replacement, and the sticker declares the battery as made in Korea.
They are also marketing batteries under the FVP name. The budget option is called an Atlas BL.
Prices were average, but could be a decent deal when they run their 11% sale.
Anyone have any idea who the Mfr. is on the Delco?

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
the sticker declares the battery as made in Korea.

^^ This seems to be more and more common across many battery brands.

True Linctex. Another reason why I am on team East Penn. Whether it be a Deka, Napa, Batteries Plus, Agri Supply or Federated Auto those are the places where I am going to get my batteries. In fact if I needed a battery right now I can get one from Federated Auto for $99 with a 3 year free replacement warranty.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
JC Batteries...

That was my first thought, but the top of these were unlike any JC battery that I have ever seen.
They have a handle that folds down flush with the top.
Could be that JC is changing or diversifying their styles, or that style is specific to its origin since they are Korean. Just different looking.

It's not a JC battery.

East Penn is literally a two hour or so drive to most places in NJ. I even have East Penn batteries in my Wally World. It would make perfect sense for Walmart to supply the mid Atlantic area with East Penn given it's close proximity to those large markets. Kind of like how their Supertech oil is a local contract circumstance as well. It's not an across the country one blender makes all that line for every single Walmart. It's regionally based.

Do they resemble these JCI batteries, Made in Korea, at WM?

LINK 1

South Korea currently has the largest lead smelting capacity in the world. There are no operating lead smelters in the USA now for mined lead ore concentrate, the only domestic smelters operating all use recycled lead only.

LINK 2

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Do they resemble these JCI batteries, Made in Korea, at WM?

LINK 1

South Korea currently has the largest lead smelting capacity in the world. There are no operating lead smelters in the USA now for mined lead ore concentrate, the only domestic smelters operating all use recycled lead only.

LINK 2

They resemble neither.
Top looks like this:

https://www.ebay.com/i/391956951420?chn=ps&fl=a

Intersting. I enjoyed having Menard's stores available when I lived in NW Ohio. I widh they and Rural King would open stores in the Southwestern USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back