What to do with guns I no longer use??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently moved into our new house that is much smaller than our last house.

I have several long guns that I want to get rid of. Nothing rare or spectacular, an old 410 youth model single shot, some .22 rifles, a Winchester 30/30 carbine, and SKS, most in decent shape.

Would like to get cash or a trade up or down for a nice concealed carry pistol.

What's the best plan?? Go to a gun show and off load them to the best priced offer? Go to a gun shop and see what they'll give me for them?? Have a gun shop put them on consignment for me?

Not looking to get rich on them, but not going to give them away either.

Thanks, Tom

Originally Posted By: daddi
Have a gun shop put them on consignment for me? Not looking to get rich on them, but not going to give them away either.

Tom,

Unique Guns in Waco does a VERY fair sales consignment.

Usually, the small gun shops will work with you.

Armslist is good in Texas, also.

Don't do anything until you get a feel for what they're worth. Go on gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com and see what people are asking for them. If you join gunbroker you can search completed auctions to see what people are actually paying for them. Got to add shipping and an FFL fee to the winning price. Some local gun shops will treat you fairly, some will leave you feeling like you've been abused. Easy to get hosed if you don't have some good info. I'd stay away from gun shows, selling prices high, offers lowball.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Hold onto them until the political climate makes them worth a lot more.

Not happening. I sold a couple shotguns to a friend at fire sale prices, sold one at gundealer.

I traded about 5 relatively new postols at about 65% of their value and replaced with 3 Glocks. When you buy something that doesn't suit replace it with what you want..life is too short to worry about a couple bucks.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Hold onto them until the political climate makes them worth a lot more.

Not happening. I sold a couple shotguns to a friend at fire sale prices, sold one at gundealer.

I traded about 5 relatively new postols at about 65% of their value and replaced with 3 Glocks. When you buy something that doesn't suit replace it with what you want..life is too short to worry about a couple bucks.

You are not going to get that climate until after 2024...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back