How Well Do Cars Hold Up....True Delta Says:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: thooks
True Delta. LOL
Somehow I got on that guy's email list about 10 years ago and hoo boy. I got sick and tired of him pestering me to provide free information to him so he could take that and use it to make money for himself....
That's no different than any other owner-input based review system like Consumer Reports, except here you don't have to be a subscriber. It's a few questions once a quarter, I am not seeing as how that's a big deal.
Right. Besides, you can easily opt out or make suggestions for improvements.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
All this is based on polls which we all know are 100% reliable. (NO)

Just look at online ratings. It’s a huge scam with paid posters to place favorable ratings and reviews.

I can't quite tell, but I hope you are not implying that Truedelta has paid members. It does not. Furthermore, it's no scam. It's real world data. In much the same way as owners report MPG, with some being wildly "off" in each direction. Regression towards the mean would indicate that with enough respondents (generally about 25) , the data is factually sound.

Truedelta.com is absolutely the best source for real world reliability information. I am a long time member, and I provide accurate information.

More interestingly, the information on Truedelta about repairs closely mirrors my ownership experiences. Common problems show up on that site, and on my fleet.

EDIT: Truedelta typically shows VW and Jaguar as less than average in reliability. And Truedelta will clearly show which models are particularly bad. There are people on BITOG that claim the Chevy Impala is the worlds most reliable car, yet it clearly falls short of the Camry in real world reliability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back