For the Amsoil Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from the World of Wheels show. The Amsoil guy was there. Offered to get me on a regular program with Amsoil products shipped out of his warehouse in Edmonton. Enjoy the colourful photo. Sorry for the French.

Last edited:
I'm guessing $10/quart/liter for the oil?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
My impression formed years ago is Amsoil is pretty competitive in .ca

Perhaps the OP can weigh in.

About $11 US per quart if I buy in cases of 12 but 25% off if a sign up for a program ( didn’t stick around for the details) so I guess $8.25 per quart US if on a program.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Just look at all the over priced products.........

Until this moment, I've never been on this forum and criticized the folks who go to wally world and brag about finding $2.00 filters or $1.59 oil; go ahead and change your oil at 3 or 5K. I'm not into twice monthly changes; Amsoil stands up to the long hauls. As has been well stated, my money, my oil. I use Amsoil and have been for a number of years...don't like, don't buy it. My UOA with Amsoil tell me all I need to know. Can you name ANY OTHER filter that puts their efficiency, beta rating and micron rating right on the filter? At least with Amsoil, you know what you're getting.

I'll repeat what I've said in the past: I've heard critics decry Amsoil pricing; I've never seen legitimate (UOA) criticism of their PRODUCTS on this forum.

I am a PROUD Amsoil user.

I use their gear oil, transmission fluid, and UOA kits, but have never tried the engine oil. I wish they would get into the retail market instead of the MLM platform they currently use.

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil

Until this moment, I've never been on this forum and criticized the folks who go to wally world and brag about finding $2.00 filters or $1.59 oil; go ahead and change your oil at 3 or 5K. I'm not into twice monthly changes; Amsoil stands up to the long hauls. As has been well stated, my money, my oil. I use Amsoil and have been for a number of years...don't like, don't buy it. My UOA with Amsoil tell me all I need to know. Can you name ANY OTHER filter that puts their efficiency, beta rating and micron rating right on the filter? At least with Amsoil, you know what you're getting.

I'll repeat what I've said in the past: I've heard critics decry Amsoil pricing; I've never seen legitimate (UOA) criticism of their PRODUCTS on this forum.

thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I really dislike negative comnents on this forum. If you have nothing positive or constructive to add why comment?

I like the pic myself

Last edited:
Because there are comparable products that will do the same intervals for half the price. I was once an Amsoil “fan.” There simply is just no logical reason to pay the premium anymore. So the folks who point this out are simply stating the obvious. If that’s taken as a “negative” comment then feel free to prove it wrong.

Originally Posted By: e55amgbenz007
Because there are comparable products that will do the same intervals for half the price. I was once an Amsoil “fan.” There simply is just no logical reason to pay the premium anymore. So the folks who point this out are simply stating the obvious. If that’s taken as a “negative” comment then feel free to prove it wrong.

01.gif

Not saying if you're right or wrong; just post your UOA of "comparable products that will do the same intervals for half the price." Here's 25K on the oil and the lab says "suitable for continued use" and TBN strong at 4.77 https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4406759/Re:_centrifuge#Post4406759

I pay about $8.25 per quart. Now it's up to you. Post a UOA at 25K or above on the oil, with a lab report showing "suitable for continued use" with the oil of your choice for 1/2 the price of Amsoil. If you can't do this, then I'm calling bovine manure on your unfounded claim.

My money, my oil. Don't take this personally; for you to be able to insult me, I must first value your opinion. Post your UOA.

Unfortunately amsoil does not sell oil that is non API or acea rated with higher levels of ZDDP

I found a 5 gal can of royal purple 5/30 high performance street for 150 bucks on Amazon prime. That equals 7.50 a qt

Amsoil imho is over priced and at that price point I'll take Redline

Interesting people's choices of cars, tire et al aren't scrutinized the same way.

I believe the complaint is partially due to the thread title and subsequent comments. The thread is intended for fans

Last edited:
I like the pic, thanks for posting.
And I like Amsoil.
I just been finding killer deals on 0W-20 lately , so my stash is in good shape for the two Civics I maintain.

Originally Posted By: Bullwinkle007
Unfortunately amsoil does not sell oil that is non API or acea rated with higher levels of ZDDP

I found a 5 gal can of royal purple 5/30 high performance street for 150 bucks on Amazon prime. That equals 7.50 a qt

Amsoil imho is over priced and at that price point I'll take Redline

High ZDDP Amsoil?
How about Dominator, Z Rod, or Premium Protection.

Not saying if you're right or wrong; just post your UOA of "comparable products that will do the same intervals for half the price." Here's 25K on the oil and the lab says "suitable for continued use" and TBN strong at 4.77 https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4406759/Re:_centrifuge#Post4406759

I pay about $8.25 per quart. Now it's up to you. Post a UOA at 25K or above on the oil, with a lab report showing "suitable for continued use" with the oil of your choice for 1/2 the price of Amsoil. If you can't do this, then I'm calling bovine manure on your unfounded claim.

My money, my oil. Don't take this personally; for you to be able to insult me, I must first value your opinion. Post your UOA.

In no way, shape, manner or form was I trying to insult anyone here. I have no idea where that even came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back