New super tech 10k filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM me the pics, I'll post them. Make sure you shoot them in landscape mode. Hold the camera like your looking at an envelope if you don't know what I mean.

You can totally upload pics from your phone. I do it from my iPhone all the time. There's an upload button above this text box.

The plastic filter core leaves a lot of filter media unsupported. Maybe I am picky but another 2 bucks will buy an OCOD with metal core.

Originally Posted By: Artem
You can totally upload pics from your phone. I do it from my iPhone all the time. There's an upload button above this text box.

Me too.

OP, what is the COO of the FU filter?

The pics are intersting. That's the first I've heard of or seen anything regarding a Fram Ultra air filter. Wonder if there's any difference vs the Fram Tough Guard air filters besides changing TGA to XGA and changing the packaging grapics?

Looks like the efficiency rating of the new ST ecore oil filters is using 30 microns as the benchmark rating point consistent with the USCAR36 spec, like the current M1 EP oil filters with the "A" suffix.

Also from the limited pics seen so far these ST oil filters appear to have black ADBV through the limited view available via the ecore combo valve baseplate design. If this is nitrile, I'm especialy curious about the 10K mile rating of these current Champion Laboratories ecore filters. During the fading days of the Frampion relationship, Motorking posted all the filters they manufactured passed their ADBV leakdown testing every time. I surmise that test is only set for freshly manufactured oil filters and not for heat cycle aged ol filtets in / after use. What testing, if any, was done to achieve the advertised 10K mike rating advertised on the packaging of these new production ST ecore oil filters, especialy with respect to simulating end of run conditions, is a question in my mind.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Peter_480
So Walmart is dumping Wix made filters for unknown made e-cores?

Yes..... Local Texas Walmarts still have PLENTY of Wix (super tech) left on the shelevs.

I haven't seen any dreaded E-core filters yet....

Nor would I EVER run an e-core to 10,000 miles!!!! NO NO NO NO NO......

ST filters before WIX made were ECores except for 3" and under i recall

Champion Laboratories has the ecore design, boxes say Made in USA, hardly unknown.

Nyogtha- I was wondering if they changed the media. It seems Champlabs has been making incremental efficiency improvements.

Champ PH820 efficiency is 90% @ 20 microns per ISO 4548-12. 3-5K miles. 8 grams capacity.
STP S2 efficiency is 93% @ 20 microns per ISO 4548-12. 3 months or owners manual.
SuperTech ST2 is 99% @ 30 microns 10000 miles.

What would the ST2 be @ 20 microns?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back