PARTS MASTER #67045 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning BITOG faithful. Filter and VALVOLINE full syn maxlife 5w30 off a 2016 cadillac sedan of friends. Think its a XTS. 20,xxx on car also and 6,100miles on the oil and filter. I have some of these filters from mom and pop parts place near me. Put more synthetic maxlife 5w30 and another of these fikters back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: BigD1
Wix plant is in Gastonia, NC, so yes made by Wix I would think.
Duh, I did not see that photo. Made by Affinia, so definitely made by WIX.

Yeah, I think oil life monitor was at 47% also as he drives car few days of week and Sunday for good highway drive
smile.gif

You folks are as always very welcome
smile.gif

Happy Saturday

Looks just like a Napa Pro Select filter with a silicone ADBV.
Held up well with no tears .
Thank you for the cut & post Adam
thumbsup2.gif

And a happy Saturday to you too !

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Looks just like a Napa Pro Select filter with a silicone ADBV

This one has it's own bypass valve - - I thought all Napa Pro Select used "combo" valves (which I hate)

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Car51 - decent filter and manufacturer. I would not hesitate to use. Thanks for the informative cut and post.

You are welcome WellOiled
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Looks just like a Napa Pro Select filter with a silicone ADBV

This one has it's own bypass valve - - I thought all Napa Pro Select used "combo" valves (which I hate)

It depends on application as to whether combo valve or seperate nitrile ADBV & BPV are used in the Wix made installer grade oil filters, and within that subset, it further again depends on application if a seperate BPV is used whether it's a base end BPV or a dome end BPV.

Media efficiency as asked in this thread is 68% @ 20 microns by extrapolation for the Wix made installer grade oil filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back