How & what pistol do you carry concealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruger LCP2. Small and light I can carry it 100% of the time with no holster. In the winter with a heavy coat I'll carry a Kahr CM9
instead.

Don't know your budget.

If you are serious about home defense, then you'll guard your home with a long gun (shotgun/rifle), backed up by a full size, high capacity service pistol (Glock 17, Beretta 92FS). Why? Ballistics, accuracy, and capability. You are 300% better with a long gun in your hands. When everything is on the line, and you are perhaps having the worst day of your life, I'll take the better gun.

For conceal carry, most folks leave the bigger guns at home, while a smaller gun can be carried every day.

Smith 642/442 (EXCELLENT, reliable, very pocketable. I carried one every day for 10 years)
Glock 42 (fits in all my shorts no problem)
Glock 43 (fits in all my shorts no problem)
Glock 26 (fits about half of my short pockets)
Ruger LCP (must own firearm. its only $169 at Palmetto State. Its the gun you can carry every single day, even in gym shorts)

My favorite pocket holsters are AHolster at lefthandholster.com I own about 8 of them, and I think they are the best design on the market, by far. LOVE them.

One of the following:

Taurus PT111 G2.
Colt Detectives Special
Taurus model 85
Bersa thunder.380

Different holsters and just entered into the world of kydex.

I'm thinking of ditching the Bersa for a Glock 43.

Last edited:
Ruger LCP + AHolster kydex pocket holster

This is a low cost easy way to carry. Try that first and you feel like you can carry something bigger, move up the line...

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Don't know your budget.

If you are serious about home defense, then you'll guard your home with a long gun (shotgun/rifle), backed up by a full size, high capacity service pistol (Glock 17, Beretta 92FS). Why? Ballistics, accuracy, and capability. You are 300% better with a long gun in your hands. When everything is on the line, and you are perhaps having the worst day of your life, I'll take the better gun.

For conceal carry, most folks leave the bigger guns at home, while a smaller gun can be carried every day.

Smith 642/442 (EXCELLENT, reliable, very pocketable. I carried one every day for 10 years)
Glock 42 (fits in all my shorts no problem)
Glock 43 (fits in all my shorts no problem)
Glock 26 (fits about half of my short pockets)
Ruger LCP (must own firearm. its only $169 at Palmetto State. Its the gun you can carry every single day, even in gym shorts)

My favorite pocket holsters are AHolster at lefthandholster.com I own about 8 of them, and I think they are the best design on the market, by far. LOVE them.

^
01.gif

Shield 9mm. I am a Glock fan, but impulse bought the Shield before the 43 came out. I didn’t like the Shield at first, but after some break in, Apex sear, night sights, and Magguts for the 7 round magazine, I end up carrying this thing everywhere. I usually use a Sticky holster for it.

Last edited:
I carry my Walther PPS M2 daily in a Cleveland Kydex IWB holster. This pistol feels good and is surprisingly soft shooting for a subcompact 9mm. Sometimes I still carry my S&W SD40VE in a Raw Dog holster.

L8R,
Matt

I've honestly lost count on the number of handguns and holsters that I own let alone long guns. Having said that:
1.) I prefer pocket carry with my Kahr PM9 in a ballistic nylon pocket holster. I will have a larger capacity/caliber handgun off-body carry in a backpack, tennis bag, duffel, tool box, cooler, etc depending on the venue and my vehicle has a handgun and long gun all the time.
2.) Always carry when in public (99% OF THE TIME). At home firearms are in "strategic locations" aside from my ccw that I have on my person until it's bedtime.

Springfield XDS 9mm

Ruger LCP 380

I used to only carry the XDS, but more and more I find myself carrying the Ruger because of just how small and easy to conceal that pistol is. Stick it in your waste band and forget it.

Springfield XD 9mm 3” barrel. Forgot the brand but IWB holster. Gonna be buying a second hand Glock 10mm here shortly.

I'm curious: OP what did you decide to do?
The home invasion thing is scary. There are many tactics that one may take in addition or in lieu of carrying a firearm ( e.g. less than lethal alternatives, deterrence strategies) although I encourage anyone to explore his 2A rights. My advice: don't just buy a firearm and strap it on. Get involved in the local shooting community, practice often and in different situations, and learn your weapon inside and out. I'm a believer in sticking to one manual of arms. I know from experience that, under stress, you revert to muscle memory.

Sig P229 in .40 S&W or Sig P250SC in 9 mm with an Alien Gear IWB holster or Sig P290RS in 9 mm with cheap nylon IWB holster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back