Pennzoil Licensed Mercon V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you find this stuff? I used the last of the 15 qts I had of this stuff and really liked it. All I can find is universal Pennzoil.

To my horror, valvoline went to universal as well. I can only find STP and Castrol locally. I will not use supertech as it turned brown in 11k last time I used it. None of the other brands did that.

Castrol Merc V has worked pretty well in the Grand Marquis-I am going to put an oversize aluminum pan & external cooler on it, I have had bad experiences in the past with E4ODs (I know it's a 4R70W) and burning fluid in O/D with the converter locked. 1700 RPM at 65 MPH isn't moving a lot of fluid.

Originally Posted By: Fordiesel69
Where do you find this stuff? I used the last of the 15 qts I had of this stuff and really liked it. All I can find is universal Pennzoil.

To my horror, valvoline went to universal as well. I can only find STP and Castrol locally. I will not use supertech as it turned brown in 11k last time I used it. None of the other brands did that.

If you are close to a United Auto Supply they will sell you real Motorcraft Mercon V for a very good price (good for other MC parts too). They aren't in Erie but if you pass a town where they are it may be worth to check the price, they don't give prices on the phone.

You just missed Advance's sale on Castrol ATF, which just ended yesterday. You do not need licensed Mercon V if your warranty expired. A universal full synthetic ATF like Maxlife (or even Castrol's full synthetic ATF) will be fine in Mercon V applications
smile.gif

I use Havoline Mercon-V in my F250...no problems and shifts fine. I bought a 12pk from Amazon at a reasonable price. You just have to catch it when it's not having a price spike, which Amazon is notorious for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back