WorldSBK

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you desperate for some live racing action, tune into BEIN (1227 on my Comcast) for the opening round of World Superbike live from Phillip Island in Australia (a great track btw). There’s a season preview tonight (Friday) at 10:00pm EST followed by live Race 1. This format runs two “features” at each event. Sat night is the Supersport class followed by SBK Race 2. Once you become a bit familiar with the players in this series you’ll get hooked. The racing is typical two-wheeled cut throat slice and dice. If you’re tired of four wheeled parades, I think you’ll become a fan of this series.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/event/AUS/2018

Last edited:
Spainish (sic) TV?

What kind of bike do you ride?

What in the world is a Tribeca?

Last edited:
Ahh, World Street Bike.
grin.gif
Just kidding, please no one take offense.

I had the pleasure of following Mat Mladin for awhile, years ago during a practice session for him. I knew right then I would never get the call from Yosh (or anyone else) to be their factory Rider.

Since this is Phillip Island, is their any word on whatever happened to the Go-Show? The last I heard he was facing petty theft charges.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Ahh, World Street Bike.
grin.gif

Today’s street bikes are so far beyond what was raced in my day (think Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer, Eddie Lawson) they can go straight to the track with few mods.

When perusing the rider lineup, I see no KTM??? I guess they’ve put all their chips on MotoGP? If so, that’s too bad. I am smitten by the Super Duke 1290 and I want to see it raced.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Ahh, World Street Bike.
grin.gif

Today’s street bikes are so far beyond what was raced in my day (think Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer, Eddie Lawson) they can go straight to the track with few mods.

When perusing the rider lineup, I see no KTM??? I guess they’ve put all their chips on MotoGP? If so, that’s too bad. I am smitten by the Super Duke 1290 and I want to see it raced.

Sure street bikes can go straight to the track. But due to regulations, the WSB Superbikes aren't in nearly as high a state of tune, as used to be allowed.

BEIN is broadcast in spainish except for SBK and MotoGP on my satalite station. Commercials are en espainol.

Tribeca is a Subaru....lol

And I'm retired, 2002 GSXR1000, Destroyed at Willow Springs Raceway Ca, turn 8, google it! 05/03/08 RIP

Jonny's rear tire went bye bye, and so did sykes, too much red in the winner circle, wanna puke now...Cheers

Last edited:
I've been around Willow. Turn 8 will test your nerve. Lost an '02 Gixxer thou in turn 8..., I'm guessing a yard sale at about 150 mph. Glad you're okay.

Originally Posted By: KneeGrinder
Jonny's rear tire went bye bye, and so did sykes, too much red in the winner circle, wanna puke now...Cheers

There’s always tonight. Apparently there’s a new tire profile that Ducati took advantage of and Kaw ignored. Let’s see if they wise up for race 2.

Might well be north of 160mph. Hard to say, never untapped and looked in the middle of turn 8,lol! I now have titanium, I'm not the same, hence, no more racing....

If you have done Fontana? I Clocked 172mph before braking into turn 1, but every race instructor says at that speed the speedo is way off. I believe Matt Maladin clocked 180mph there at braking zone of turn 1, but that was a real 180mph. Cheers

P.S. You were the guy working on a Fuel team? So, your in Phoenix now! My brother raced division 7 TA/FC 2003/04
I know most of the Fullerton crowd, even John Force basically comes out of Fullerton. George Striegel clay smith cams, helped him get started.

There’s always tonight. Apparently there’s a new tire profile that Ducati took advantage of and Kaw ignored. Let’s see if they wise up for race 2.

Yea, It was quite a shock to see Marco win, and a shame to see Sykes miss his chance to win the first race of the year. Sykes used to be the man, but past few years he has been in Jonnies shadow unfortunately. I would like to see Sykes win more races so I can try and decipher just what the heck he is saying....lol, his accent is pretty strong!

Might well be north of 160mph. Hard to say, never untapped and looked in the middle of turn 8,lol! I now have titanium, I'm not the same, hence, no more racing....

If you have done Fontana? I Clocked 172mph before braking into turn 1, but every race instructor says at that speed the speedo is way off. I believe Matt Maladin clocked 180mph there at braking zone of turn 1, but that was a real 180mph. Cheers

P.S. You were the guy working on a Fuel team? So, your in Phoenix now! My brother raced division 7 TA/FC 2003/04
I know most of the Fullerton crowd, even John Force basically comes out of Fullerton. George Striegel clay smith cams, helped him get started.

I've been to Fontana, but not to ride the roadcourse.

Yep, in Phoenix this weekend. I've never worked on an FC officially, but I have helped a few friends with their FC's on occasion. I've never worked for JFR, but one of my best friends on the tour was John's Car Chief for awhile.

I watched NHRA qualifying lastnight, who won WSB? I only saw some of the super sport races.

P.S. was sad to see Mike Neff leave JFR! More surprised really! Since he dates back to Austin Coil and Bernie Fedderly.

Cores led most of the race on the independent Ducati. He was followed closely by Rea until 5 to go when he exerted himself to take the lead. Meanwhile, Melandri was stalking from 5th then followed Rea to the front. It looked like Rea had it but Melandri slipstreamed him pipping him at the line by a foot. So it was Melandri winning both races, Rea runner up followed by Fores and Sykes.

Melandri pipped Rea at the line by a foot followed by Fores and Sykes. It was a very strategic race. The Aces allowed Fores to lead while Rea was content to follow in 2nd saving his tires. Melandri had a poor start and had to work hard to move up to the front. Rea finally exerted himself with five to go bringing Mel with him. As they exited the final corner, Melandri played it perfectly drafting up on Rea and just beating him to the line,

Dangit, I used to like Marco when he was a rookie in GP, now I'm not liking him so much anymore! They need to hang some weight on them Duck's....lol, or limit them to 1000cc...lol, like that will happen!

Thank you for the update, even thou I didn't like the very end part were you said, Marco slipstreamed and won by a foot=:(

Apparently Rea is signing a contract this weekend with Repsol Honda replacing Dani Pedrosa on their MotoGP team for 2019.

Anyone watching the IOM recaps on Velocity?

I am, the bikes were insanely squirly that first lap of the Superbike race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back