Fall Sunset over Albany

Status
Not open for further replies.
From October I think, found them in my photo library and thought they would be appreciated.

ITkdcDX.jpg

TuWjBdA.jpg

Originally Posted By: ford46guy
Wow, where was this taken?

The first one was taken on 43 heading toward 90 from Route 4, and the second was on 787 heading South passing the Clinton Ave exit, looking over Empire State Plaza.

Years ago my Aunt C. made the trip to see the colors 100 miles north of Albany. She lived in Texas ALL HER LIFE.

We had the BEST Autumn colors in 25 years and it BLEW HER AWAY.

Also, the apples had tender skins she never experienced.

Also, when near Albany, NY one should go to the Helderberg Escarpment. It's west of town and it (rock outcrop) affords a GREAT VIEW of the Hudson Valley.

Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame) is 80 miles west of Albany and (in my opinion) worth it.

Very nice. Being from western Pa I know colorful sunsets aren't common there. Here in Az they're much more common and can be spectacular. This was unusual, a colorful sunrise in early January at around 6am.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Years ago my Aunt C. made the trip to see the colors 100 miles north of Albany. She lived in Texas ALL HER LIFE.

We had the BEST Autumn colors in 25 years and it BLEW HER AWAY.

Also, the apples had tender skins she never experienced.

Also, when near Albany, NY one should go to the Helderberg Escarpment. It's west of town and it (rock outcrop) affords a GREAT VIEW of the Hudson Valley.

Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame) is 80 miles west of Albany and (in my opinion) worth it.

I do quite enjoy living in Albany for the most part, the capital region is pretty good. I've essentially decided that if I move anywhere else it's going to be north Jersey, because it has everything I have here, but more. More great food closer, closer to NYC, closer to DC. Plus I already have a lot of friends in that area. Albany is great for now, someday I'll make that move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back