Refurbished Glocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just lurking around on GLOCK TALK like I usually do, and saw a post on there about LE trade ins, G22 Glock Gen 2 guns. I didn't know Glock refurbished their guns. Anybody own one of these, or know anything about what they do to a refurbished Glock? The Gen 2 doesn't have finger grooves, but how does the grip feel overall? Is it like the Gen 5?
They didn't state a price, but stated it was almost 1/2 the price of a Gen 5.
Any input would be great on the refurbish process, and how the Gen 2 compares to todays current Glocks (Gen 3, 4, 5).

Refinishing of the slide and barrel plus replacing worn springs probably from what I've heard. They would have been low round count LE guns most likely so they'll probably look used on the lower frame.

i have a couple of refurbished glocks .they usually come from glock using leo dept trading in their old ones for new one, many times at little of no cost.

the one i have they did not refinish. they go through them and replace all suspect parts and that's it. they will all function, but the condition you get will depend on either the grading system or roll of the dice.

unless you hate the finger groves i would get a gen 3 .

Refurbished and trade-in are two separate things. Don't confuse them, or consider them the same thing.

A refurbished by Glock gun will have all worn components/springs replaced. They don't refinish them usually.

A trade in, is exactly that. Traded in. It could be new, like new, well worn, or beat to helll.

Glock has excellent customer service. They will completely rebuild any Glock, for free. So even if you buy an old beat up gun, you can send it to them and they will refurbish it for free.

If you want finger grooves there are lots of products to provide them. Here's my 2nd gen G23, for example:

My Gen 2 ex-LEO trade-in g22 came with brand new Trijicon Night Sights
and 3 extra cap magazines for $350 cash (no tax).

I couldn't be more pleased with it.

It's funny.. you could get a Gen 2 G22 for around $300 most days (tons of that specific model are sold all over) and the overall experience would be very similar to if you paid $600 for a Gen 4 G22.

Then again I am not one to see the nuance in Glocks.. they're all just ugly polymer guns in my eyes.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Refurbished and trade-in are two separate things. Don't confuse them, or consider them the same thing.

A refurbished by Glock gun will have all worn components/springs replaced. They don't refinish them usually.

A trade in, is exactly that. Traded in. It could be new, like new, well worn, or beat to helll.

Glock has excellent customer service. They will completely rebuild any Glock, for free. So even if you buy an old beat up gun, you can send it to them and they will refurbish it for free.

Thanks BT, I know the difference. I have several S&W LE trade ins that are in pristine condition. And, I know what a refurbished firearm is as well. I am not a Glock person, but can be if the price is right. I didn't know Glock refurbished their firearms. I GOOGLEd GLOCK REFURBISHED GUNS and most that are refurbished are LE trade in Glocks.

It's a well known fact Glock shooters use their oil filters more than once.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back