PSA BCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good deal for sure. I'm just afraid the way they ship, if I ordered it, by the time it arrived they would have to exhume my body so I could take a look at it.

Originally Posted By: billt460
That's a good deal for sure. I'm just afraid the way they ship, if I ordered it, by the time it arrived they would have to exhume my body so I could take a look at it.

That thar's funny rot thar!
crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif
43.gif

I have to agree with you, their shipping is equivalent to either watching the grass grow or a snail race!

I'll never run enough rounds through an AR in the years I have left to worry about breaking/damaging a BCG.
grin.gif
lol.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I'll never run enough rounds through an AR in the years I have left to worry about breaking/damaging a BCG.
grin.gif
lol.gif
grin2.gif

The same with all my handguns. I only shoot them-each 100 rounds (2x50) per year. My nearby range only gets $24 (2x$12) from me this year.

I only shoot my rifles 5-10 rounds every hunting season. Now my three muzzleloader rifles get a little more..... maybe 50 rounds each per year. They are more fun to shoot than boring centerfires.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
grin.gif
lol.gif
grin2.gif

There ARE other reasons to keep a spare around.
Are you SO SURE of your BCG that it will NEVER break? There are several parts of it that are under extreme stress when in the battery position. I have seen them fail while in the ARMY. It was the extractor, extractor spring, or both.
But, one reason I keep a spare is in case I want to build another AR. Okay, then you will just say, why not just buy one when you build an AR? Because, any of my current BCG's can possibly fail.
It's a vicious cycle, you know..........
grin.gif

One of the best reasons to keep a spare AR-15 / M-16 BCG with you at all times while shooting, is the ease of which they can be replaced. There is no other semi auto battle rifle that I know of, that is so quick and easy to get back into action, if you experience any type of fire control failure than the AR-15 is. If you break an extractor, firing pin, or a bolt, you can replace the entire bolt carrier group in less than 10 seconds. And be back in action.

Then after you get home you can change out whatever part failed, and have your spare BCG all ready to go again. Try that on a Springfield M1-A. They are a total PITA just to field strip. You'll learn 15 new cuss words just trying to get the bolt and op-rod out of the thing. Then 15 more trying to get them back in. I would rather field strip and clean 5 AR-15's, rather than 1 M1-A.

Originally Posted By: billt460
One of the best reasons to keep a spare AR-15 / M-16 BCG with you at all times while shooting, is the ease of which they can be replaced. There is no other semi auto battle rifle that I know of, that is so quick and easy to get back into action, if you experience any type of fire control failure than the AR-15 is. If you break an extractor, firing pin, or a bolt, you can replace the entire bolt carrier group in less than 10 seconds. And be back in action.

Then after you get home you can change out whatever part failed, and have your spare BCG all ready to go again. Try that on a Springfield M1-A. They are a total PITA just to field strip. You'll learn 15 new cuss words just trying to get the bolt and op-rod out of the thing. Then 15 more trying to get them back in. I would rather field strip and clean 5 AR-15's, rather than 1 M1-A.

Well said. Thank You.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back