Motorcraft made in Japan spark plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently ordered Motocraft SP-537 (CYFS-12Y-2) spark plugs for our 2.3 EcoBooost. They are Iridium fine wire on the firing portion only, the ground appears to be nothing special. I just found it interesting that these plugs are made in Japan for Motorcraft. I wonder if they are Denso or NGK made. I wonder if the factory plugs are the same.

Whimsey

The factory plugs are the same NGK iridium as the Motorcrafts you just ordered
smile.gif

You will see the code LTR6DI-8 on the side, right between the nut and the ceramic insulator. The 6 indicated the heat range (on NGK's scale, higher number heat range is colder), and the 8 means .8 mm gap

The NGK part number is 96588

Somehow, the OEM Motorcraft (and ACDelco for GM) NGK-made iridium are priced lower than the NGK-branded ones in the NGK box
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

You will see the code LTR6DI-8 on the side, right between the nut and the ceramic insulator. The 6 indicated the heat range (on NGK's scale, higher number heat range is colder), and the 8 means .8 mm gap

Somehow, the OEM Motorcraft (and ACDelco for GM) NGK-made iridium are priced lower than the NGK-branded ones in the NGK box
crazy2.gif

Thanks. For these Motorcraft iridium plugs I paid $4.63/ea through Rock Auto. Seemed like a good price for these plugs.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

crazy2.gif

Thanks. For these Motorcraft iridium plugs I paid $4.63/ea through Rock Auto. Seemed like a good price for these plugs.

Whimsey

That is a great price for iridium plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back