I bought a 5 series last year (in January 2017). Here a short description of the car :
- N55 engine with Mperformance package (engine "tuned" by the dealer from 306hp and 400Nm to 326hp and 450Nm)
- MPerformance exhaust
- M Sport Package including the 351M Doppelspeiche 19" wheels with Continental SportContact 6 tyres
- Sport ZF8 gearbox with shift paddle
- M Sport Suspension
- Integral steering wheel
- Active anti roll bar
- BMW Driving assistant
- Lane departure assist
- Head Up Display
- Night Vision
- BMW Dynamic Light Spot (that remplaces the front fog light)
- Adaptive LED with automatic highbeam
- Anti Collision system with pedestrian detection
- M Sport Alcantara seat with memory
- Electrical steering wheel with memory
- Side mirors with memory
- Heated M Sport Steering wheel
- Heated rear seats
- Idrive with new NBT interface
- Voice command
- BMW SOS services
- BMW Teleservice
- BMW Connected Drive
- BMW Online
- BMW RTTI
I'm very happy with this car which replaced my old bmw 545i e60. I miss the V8 sound but this straight 6 zylinder is not too bad.
The consumption is very fantastic compared to my previous e60.
18mpg in city and 30mpg on the highway when I drive at around 140km/h, on the unlimited area where I have a average speed of 200km/h (with some moments where I reach 260km/h) the consumption is around 22mpg.
The sport seats are good, but not as good as my previous Confort seat of the e60.
The multimedia interface is wayyyyyyy better than my previous car, it's very quick and responsive, the voice command are also very accurate compared to the previous generation. The online entertainment is very useful and can do a lot of things, from booking hotel or restaurant, to making appointments at the dealership for maintenance, for example.
At night the LED lights have a wider lighting. At the level of lighting intensity it is almost the same compared to my old xenon. However they provide a more homogeneous lighting. The illuminated area is illuminated with the same power everywhere.
the adaptive high beam function is however the function that brings the biggest plus over xenons. I can stay in the high beam without dazzling people. The light beam can be seen moving through the darkness.
There is also this feature BMW Dynamic Light Spot, it is an option that I did not know until I take possesion of the car. it is a system that allows you to target the living creatures in the night and to lock on them as long as the target moves in the field of vision of the car. it replaces the fog lights.
A demonstration of this feature. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1u1jd2Dbo
Here several pics