New Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil makes way too many different flavors of it's oils. Yet with all of those choices, still not one of them meets the needs of my wife's BMW.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I wonder if it will flop like AP did????????????
It didn't flop because there are people regurgitating the marketing claims.

Originally Posted By: CT8

How about a partial flop? LOL I guess it won't totally flop until it's blown out at closeout prices and not replaced. I don't see it flying off the shelves either.

Originally Posted By: CT8

How about a partial flop? LOL I guess it won't totally flop until it's blown out at closeout prices and not replaced. I don't see it flying off the shelves either.
It is expensive and offers little in return.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Mobil has way too many variants of oil in my opinion. But it’s their business.

I think the OEM’s do … so much for these harmonizing agencies …

Germany has the right idea! The manufacturers of each vehicle should dictate the exact formula for each respective engine. Modern vehicles do have certain specifications. Therefore; we won't have to try a dozen different oils on our vehicles. But, we have many choices here in the States!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: Patman
Mobil makes way too many different flavors of it's oils. Yet with all of those choices, still not one of them meets the needs of my wife's BMW.
33.gif

Needs being???

Originally Posted By: Flying_A

Needs being???

When I enter her car on the Mobil 1 site's oil selector it says they do not offer any oil in the US that meets the BMW Longlife-01 specification.

Originally Posted By: Patman
33.gif

Mobil Super 3000 5w-40 LL-01 from Imperial Oil in the 1200 L pallet.
wink.gif

Every Wal Mart around me has Mobil 1 AP, and it isn't on clearance. It has been available for awhile, so I'm guessing it must be doing ok. Wal Mart doesn't stick with something very long if it isn't moving, and corporate would know better than a stock boy. I guess we stay tuned to see what happens. I went into Autozone today, and they did not have AP. They did have the new HM EP, though.

Too many choices for both Walmart and the market in general. Something has to give. Maybe the non-EP oils are on the endangered species list?

The 0w20 does have more zinc than its regular EP counterpart. Not sure what this is telling us, but it is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back