For guys who loved leather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice!

I had a Tumi wallet for nearly 20 years that I just loved, but the new Tumi I got to replace it is turning out to be a PITA and is also not nearly as well made as the old one. Might look at Saddleback for an early replacement.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Nice!

I had a Tumi wallet for nearly 20 years that I just loved, but the new Tumi I got to replace it is turning out to be a PITA and is also not nearly as well made as the old one. Might look at Saddleback for an early replacement.

I also had an old tumi lasted for ever only replaced it because cards got loose, I got a wallet from saddleback its very well made wasn't that expensive. Ill prob have to replace it in ~10 years or so when cards get loose again heh..

I've got several Sadfleback Leather products. Great quality stuff. Highly recommend them.

Can't say as I'm interested in this, however...

Originally Posted By: thescreensavers
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Nice!

I also had an old tumi lasted for ever only replaced it because cards got loose, I got a wallet from saddleback its very well made wasn't that expensive. Ill prob have to replace it in ~10 years or so when cards get loose again heh..

My old Tumi just started to disintegrate inside, exterior still looked pretty decent even though the TUMI embossing had long since worn away.
The new one seems to be made of cheap stuff inside and it is a pain to get money and receipts in and out...I also don't like that the TUMI logo is now on a piece of metal attached to the leather, the black coating on that is already chipping and I'm waiting for the whole piece to fall off. I will admit that I bought the new one at one of their outlets and maybe it is not from the top of their line, the first one came from Nordstrom in Skokie. I had already picked the first one before learning it was $90, went ahead with the purchase partly out of embarrassment...I was used to buying a new wallet every year or two for maybe $15, but paying $90 for almost 20 years of yeoman service was a darned good deal in the end. I think the coolest looking wallet I ever bought was blue snakeskin, but that piece of junk fell apart in no time.
I see now that Saddleback doesn't seem to have a medium sized wallet with enough card/ID space for me, too bad.

Superb video! A great reminder to spend less time at work.

I especially like the end, where he puts the giant leather coffin on the floor, and makes it a "coffin table" with magazines and such, along with his feet, on top.

However, I know first hand that life does not begin when we die. It's over and done.

On the negative side ~ would think you’d get more storage for the price … they make good saddle bag jerky around here.
On the plus side … that UV resistant stitching is a big deal on caskets!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back