Hi Point Carbines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a Hi Point 9mm carbine when they first came out in the late 1990s. Paid approx. $180 at a gun show. This little carbine was very reliable with a variety of ammo including reloads. I traded it after owning it a few years. Recently, I bought another one on a whim at a local gun show. Price was $320. The stock design has changed somewhat from the first one I bought. I have fired several hundred rds. in this carbine, and am well pleased, just as with the first one I bought. For the price, I am well pleased. Hi Point recently announced the production of this carbine in 10mm. That should be ideal for hog hunting. I have no experience with Hi Point hand guns , but this little carbine is a winner in my book, especially for the price.

Originally Posted By: Electromotive
Bought a Hi Point 9mm carbine when they first came out in the late 1990s. Paid approx. $180 at a gun show. This little carbine was very reliable with a variety of ammo including reloads. I traded it after owning it a few years. Recently, I bought another one on a whim at a local gun show. Price was $320. The stock design has changed somewhat from the first one I bought. I have fired several hundred rds. in this carbine, and am well pleased, just as with the first one I bought. For the price, I am well pleased. Hi Point recently announced the production of this carbine in 10mm. That should be ideal for hog hunting. I have no experience with Hi Point hand guns , but this little carbine is a winner in my book, especially for the price.

Agreed.
thumbsup2.gif
I have a HighPoint in .40 S&W and it is built well and has been reliable.

I spoke with an engineer at HP and suggested a carbine in .45 Colt. They said they would consider my suggestion.

Yeah, a rifle that makes an AK look like a Blaser. I owned one for a very short time and don't recall it not going bang but they're just so crude and cheaply made I couldn't stand it. Glad you like yours and hope it serves you well.

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
As someone who is okay with a hipoint carbine, I am NOT okay with them making anything 10mm

Why not? I don't understand??

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Electromotive

Agreed.
thumbsup2.gif
I have a HighPoint in .40 S&W and it is built well and has been reliable.

I spoke with an engineer at HP and suggested a carbine in .45 Colt. They said they would consider my suggestion.

I do too. I love the beast.

.45 Colt? A rimmed cartridge. Interesting!

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
As someone who is okay with a hipoint carbine, I am NOT okay with them making anything 10mm

Yes, 9mm = OK......... 10mm sounds like asking for BIG trouble!!!

I bought a handgun when they first came out. They set the standard for cheap guns. You could buy a new 9 mm for $100.
I never had it jam and Hi-Point gets a bad rap but they are cheap guns that shoot.
Most people that rip on them are name buyers like Colt or Sig guys.
Only fault I find with them is they don't have good safeties.
They lock the trigger but not the pin and they will fire if you drop them with the safety on. You get what you pay for and they aren't bad for all they cost in my book.

HiPoint will ensure that the 10mm will be safe. It isn't that big an increase in chamber pressure over the 40 S&W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back