2016 Fiesta 1.0 5400mi OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish i could have found one of these locally when i was searching for a new car. There must be 0 ecoboost fiestas available in MN. Very neat little motor.

Originally Posted By: JoelB
Wish i could have found one of these locally when i was searching for a new car. There must be 0 ecoboost fiestas available in MN. Very neat little motor.

I found mine online and had to drive two hours to get it. It seemed to be a leftover that nobody wanted. Got a huge discount.

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
Originally Posted By: JoelB

I found mine online and had to drive two hours to get it. It seemed to be a leftover that nobody wanted. Got a huge discount.

Yep, we had to pull ours from out of town as well. 50mpg and torque for days, fantastic motor

Looks good, especially for a small EcoBoost. Nice to see lack of "real" fuel dilution and the viscosity is still in grade. Our 2.3 EcoBoost Explorer recently dropped the viscosity of 5W-30 Motorcraft synblend to a 20 weight in only 4275 miles. This was doing normal commuting, mix of highway and local roads in a 14 week period. It did include some remote starts toward the end as winter hit. Although even with the drop in viscosity wear metals were fine and the flash point was still above the "should be" value. The only thing about the Eneos oil you used is the higher Calcium level that can potentially allow LSPI, especially in a small displacement Turbo DI engine.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Looks good, especially for a small EcoBoost. Nice to see lack of "real" fuel dilution and the viscosity is still in grade. Our 2.3 EcoBoost Explorer recently dropped the viscosity of 5W-30 Motorcraft synblend to a 20 weight in only 4275 miles. This was doing normal commuting, mix of highway and local roads in a 14 week period. It did include some remote starts toward the end as winter hit. Although even with the drop in viscosity wear metals were fine and the flash point was still above the "should be" value. The only thing about the Eneos oil you used is the higher Calcium level that can potentially allow LSPI, especially in a small displacement Turbo DI engine.

Whimsey

I think LSPI should be pretty easy to avoid. I don't lug the engine - ever. If it's below 2000 RPM, I downshift before accelerating. The gears are widely spaced on this car, so it can be annoying in city traffic. I just try to drive smoothly and use a greater following distance to absorb the jerky driving and random brake stabs of everyone else around me.
Also, I know Ford says the Ecoboost is fine on 87 octane, but I put 93 in it. I just want to give it a bit more of a safety margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back