Hate for Cyclists - Cyclist Intentionally Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a pretty avid cyclist, use lights and wear bright clothing day and night,and I obey all of the traffic laws. That mean stopping at stop signs, red lights, etc. etc. I think that is the source of a lot of animosity from drivers. It certainly ticks me off as a driver. I also stay off of the busiest commuter roads (especially in rush hour), and take the ones with bike lanes/paths or less traffic. That's just smart.

It's so bad where I live that drivers are surprised when you stop at a stop sign. They usually wave you through.

One thing I have noticed, is the the F-150, Silverado and RAM drivers (and trade vehicles) are the most courteous of all, and give a wide berth. Same with people in most regular cars and compact SUV's. The drivers in the Audis, MB, and BMW cars and SUVs tend to have the greatest proportion of jerks.

But thanks to all of you drivers who watch out for cyclists.

Last edited:
As a cyclist here in SoCal that also stop at all the stuff, a lot of truck drivers by far are jerks when I'm riding. Driving way close to me as they pass, making a left fast as I'm xing the intersection either in front of me or just missing my rear tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back