Can any one tell me who make's this air filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whipcitywrencher

Site Donor 2024
Took this out of my brother's truck yesterday (97 Mazda B4000) he said his engine was idling too high,told him it might be the iac so I was looking around under the hood and noticed the air filter, replaced it with a cheap pentius filter I had...
Don't think this filter wasn't letting much air or dirt get in...
Is oem the best...Not much discussed here about air filter's..
Looking at some charts I found on line, the more a filter traps air the less it let's in,
and the more air it let's in the less it traps dirt...(What a predicament) Are the more restricted air filters like acdelco, designed to let in enough air in so as not to choke your engine? What happens when this filter fills with dirt ? Will no air go thru also? k&n seems to let in the most air and dirt (according to the charts)...
36.gif

Bright orange base it looks like a Fram. These days I've been converted to OE style cellulose filters over 'specialty' gauze, cotton, foam types. I can't tell much difference between the common cellulose filters though. Air filtration has become very important to me since realizing the consequences of ingesting sand and other abrasives. Makes me cringe to see a fella with a brand new built engine running with no filter.

tl;dr - OE and equivalent is best IMO

PS probably is Pep Boys' ProSelect jobber line, which is made by Puro on the oil side. Fram has been making air filters in Mexico and I suspect that same maquiladora also supplies that filter.

I've found that OEM Denso makes a superior air filter for my application. Denso states that they make a 3 layered filter. Napa gold filter is a great alternative. All applications are different. *Note that Denso has a manufacturing plant in China. What a dichotomy!

Denso

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: Audios
Originally Posted By: Bambam
Mexicans

Hahaha

Thank you, finally someone got a chuckle !

Could be FRAM or MOTORCRAFT. MEXICO MADE MOTORCRAFTS HAD THE ORANGE GASKET.

Go with AC DELCO or LUBERFINER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back