Any 2015 Corolla owners here - coolant change Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all:

I have a 2015 Corolla bought new. I believe it is 11th generation (2013+). At some point, I want to do a drain and refill with the genuine Toyota pink fluid. However, does anyone know if there are engine bleeder bolts to mess with and if there is any sequence you need to perform with the heat/ac control system to open valves etc? I'm hoping it is a simple matter of opening the petcock to drain, slowly refilling to avoid air bubbles, and then running with radiator cap off till fully warmed to burp any air. I don't have the service manual for this car (can you even buy these anymore?) and the owner's manual has no information on this DIY item. (Why don't they just give you some instructions how to do these simple things anymore? My 1995 Maxima manual has detailed info on coolant and oil changes!)

I don't mess with bleeder bolts or worry about valves. Just drain the radiator and refill. Let it run and top off. That's what I plan to do on my 2015 Camry.

How many miles are on it? Coolant should be good till the 100k service.

If its clean and no build up then drain radiator, jack front end up a little, add new coolant, then put cap back on and go for a short test drive. After it cools off after the drive then top off as needed.

There is an inline bleeder valve on the Prius version of the 2zr-fe. On the Prius, the valve is located near the master cyl area.

I usually vacuum fill these systems.

Thanks all:

Just over 40k on it now and was planning on doing around 50k or 60k. My Maxima has bleeder bolts but based on experiences on one of the Nissan forums, I never tried to open them and always had good luck with just drain and refill (super slow trickle with my big funnel) and then letting warm up with radiator cap off till fans come on and slightly rev engine a few times. However, my Maxima owner's manual did have a procedure where you hold down buttons on the heater/ac control till a certain code turns on presumably to open some valves so that was my main "concern".

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Those Corollas can take hours to bleed. Run it till its warm,turn it off and walk away for a couple of hrs. Repeat.

Try a vacuum filler. I can get those systems filled in 2 min and bled in 20 min every time.

Hi Critic: Do you have a recommendation? I did see a recommendation for a vacuum filler on the Coolant forum but it required shop air which I don't have.

Originally Posted By: NissanMaxima
Thanks all:

Just over 40k on it now and was planning on doing around 50k or 60k. My Maxima has bleeder bolts but based on experiences on one of the Nissan forums, I never tried to open them and always had good luck with just drain and refill (super slow trickle with my big funnel) and then letting warm up with radiator cap off till fans come on and slightly rev engine a few times. However, my Maxima owner's manual did have a procedure where you hold down buttons on the heater/ac control till a certain code turns on presumably to open some valves so that was my main "concern".

Why so early? There's no need for that.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Thanks all:

I know the previous red Toyota coolant was long life, but I wasn't sure about the pink version. 100k seems really long to me regardless.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Thanks all:

I know the previous red Toyota coolant was long life, but I wasn't sure about the pink version. 100k seems really long to me regardless.

100k is perfectly fine for that car and coolant. No reason to do it IMO.

Hi Critic: Do you have a recommendation? I did see a recommendation for a vacuum filler on the Coolant forum but it required shop air which I don't have.

I would just follow the instructions in the repair manual. It may take some time, but filling this car conventionally should still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back