Thoughts on 2007 Hyundai Azera for $2700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were the predecessor to the Genesis and an noticeable upgrade from the XG series, Hyundai was well into their renaissance then. I'd probably offer $2500.

Those are good cars and it has a good motor in it. Just make sure the transmission fluid has been changed and not burnt.

2007 is the oldest I would go on that car. Mid to late 2000's is when Hyundai started to get their act together and made much better cars.

Since it is posted in OH, I would want better pictures of the back-wheels wells (Where older elantras and sonatas rust in my area).

I don't see many around...

Remember, this was the "Luxury" Hyundai at the time.....Probably go to hyundaiforum to check the ins and outs.....

Personally, I would not go for an older luxury vehicle if I don't know really well the marque and model.

Now in your area, what older cars you see the most while driving?

Originally Posted By: Jimzz
Those are good cars and it has a good motor in it. Just make sure the transmission fluid has been changed and not burnt.

2007 is the oldest I would go on that car. Mid to late 2000's is when Hyundai started to get their act together and made much better cars.

Is the ATF SP-III? (Mitsubishi Diamond; KIA has a part number too) or the new SP-IV?

How 'luxurious' are these? If it's got load leveling suspension and that kind of goodness, I'd probably avoid just because of parts expense, etc.

I owned a 2007 Azera for 4 years. It was the WORST car that I ever owned, hands down.

Originally Posted By: wag123
I owned a 2007 Azera for 4 years. It was the WORST car that I ever owned, hands down.

What kind of problems did you have? I did some basic Google research and everything seems to show they're generally reliable.

Left front fender replaced?

Look at body structure inside engine compartment, to see if it was in a collision.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: wag123

What kind of problems did you have? I did some basic Google research and everything seems to show they're generally reliable.

All kinds of mostly unrelated problems. The car was in the shop at least 20 times for warranty work.
When I got the car it had a front-end problem that wore the front tires out in only 1300 miles. I had to argue with them to get them to replace the tires. The front end problems continued for another 5 visits and it wasn't fixed for another 20k miles, and 2 more pairs of front tires.
Every 4-6 months one or more of the warning lights would come on... CEL, ABS, TC... necessitating several more visits to the dealer to fix several different problems.
The dash pad cracked above the passenger side air bag (a known problem), twice... necessitating replacement, twice. The dash has to come completely out to replace the pad. The second time I got it back it had a bad dash rattle and had to go back, again.
The engine developed a loud startup rattle from the timing chain. This turned-out to be timing chain tensioners (also a known problem), which they replaced. The engine had to come out to do this repair.
The steering rack started leaking and was replaced.
And, finally, the A/C only worked intermittently. In Texas where summer temps regularly hit 100 and above, this was intolerable. I had the car in for this at least 6 times. Each time they told me that they couldn't find anything wrong with it. This was the straw that broke the camel's back and I finally got rid of the car. The people that bought the car from me continued to have this problem and had it back to the dealer several more times before they finally discovered that it had a bad compressor and replaced it (something about an internal valve that was sticking, also a known problem).
I probably forgot some things.
Needless to say, the car was a nightmare! BTW, I did tell the buyers about all of the problems I had (including the unresolved A/C problem), and I gave them a deal on the car. I ended-up losing a lot of money on that car, not to mention time (and aggravation). The car I bought to replace it is a Honda, and it has been flawless, only needing 2 visits to the dealer for recalls.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
She says it was light damage from a guard rail and the title is still clean

How bad do you need a new ride? Honestly I would run, not walk, away from that thing. Probably would be a basket case. I know there might not be that much in your price range, but that one just seems like ridden hard and put away wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back