Orange can of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to , but not anymore in my book.
Especially now that they're being made with silicone anti-drain back valves.

Oil
Can
of
Delight

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
OK , thanks . :)

How does it compare , quality wise , to an equivalent NAPA Silver ?

NAPA Silver may use a combo valve and and efficiency a bit lower.

Not til they change to metal end cap . It’s still orange can of death and worse filter on planet in my book . This site flood with fram fan boy and fram speak representative . So you will see a lot recommend orange can of death . Pay little more and get something solid . [censored] im even pick that new encore Super tech oil filter over that fram ocod . For 3k oil change anything will do anyway .

Originally Posted By: NO2
That was from back in the bad old days

Why would you use any product from a company who once had a nickname "Orange can of death"?!?

Are there not plenty of other oil filters on the market that don't have much a bad history? Lol.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Now it's the WCTOD.....white can tearolator of doom.

Never heard of it . Accept here . But orange can of death Word is all over the internet . All over any other car forum . I don’t think that will ever be forgot . Fram having such a bad rep . That ultra won’t save them
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Artem

Why would you use any product from a company who once had a nickname "Orange can of death"?!?

Are there not plenty of other oil filters on the market that don't have much a bad history? Lol.

Careful you don’t want hurting those fram fan boys feeling .

I wish I could put all what you just wrote into my sig . This is epic and true .
11.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Not til they change to metal end cap . It’s still orange can of death and worse filter on planet in my book . This site flood with fram fan boy and fram speak representative . So you will see a lot recommend orange can of death . Pay little more and get something solid . [censored] im even pick that new encore Super tech oil filter over that fram ocod . For 3k oil change anything will do anyway .
Why is it the worst filter?

I use the BCOHBP...Tokyo Roki "Black Cans Of High Bypass Pressure".

I know that rating is extremely unlikely to matter much, but I found them on Amazon for a very attractive price per filter for a large order and figured what the heck (or WTH). Should have over two year's worth left.

Careful you don’t want hurting those fram fan boys feeling .

Not hurting my feelings. More for me.

You don't. It's called the SCOD.... Silver Can of Delight (TG)

Last edited:

So you will use a derivative of the Fram design (the fiber end caps) on the Champ made filter, yet are trashing Fram for not having metal endcaps? I am not even going to talk about the combo valve on the Champ made filters. Nor the 95% @ 29 microns for Supertech vs 95% @ 20 microns for the Fram.

So a company can't learn from it's "mistakes" and create a better product, fixing whatever flaws (real or perceived) were there?
It is better than a company that has documented proof of filter problems, yet does nothing about it.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
So you will use a derivative of the Fram design (the fiber end caps) on the Champ made filter, yet are trashing Fram for not having metal endcaps? I am not even going to talk about the combo valve on the Champ made filters. Nor the 95% @ 29 microns for Supertech vs 95% @ 20 microns for the Fram.

Yeah, the logic obviously isn't there. Logic doesn't exist when a super biased hater is suggesting filters. Just look at the hateful signature.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
So a company can't learn from it's "mistakes" and create a better product, fixing whatever flaws (real or perceived) were there?
It is better than a company that has documented proof of filter problems, yet does nothing about it.

Been waiting for 4 years for a certain company to fix some well know problems, but seems they haven't figured it out yet.
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back