Favorite Small Block of all time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend has a 1956 GMC 3/4 ton. with a Pontiac engine. we cant figure out if its a 325 or 315 CI. 2 bbl carb. with a 4 sp hydromatic. it has been setting for 10 years. the engine was running good. but the trans didnt shift right.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
383 chevy.
Not a factory displacement, but cool anyways.
I believe it's based on a 350 (B 4.000" x S 3.480") bored 0.030" over and with a 400 (B 4.125" x S 3.750") crank swapped in. Thus, the 'stroker' is B 4.030" x S 3.750". Not to be confused w/ the Mopar 383!

I really like my 1970 Chevy 350 LT-1 I have with only 500 original miles on it. Steel crank, pink rods, 11:1 forged pistons, solid lifters, turbo angle plug heads, and runs perfect with a great power band.

In addition to the 340, I should add the V10 engine I have currently, which is somewhat based on the architecture of the LA engines.

I have a V10 as well- thats my second favorite small block

This baby makes 700/ 650 lb.ft.

Sounds like a cross between a BBC and a lambo at full song- scares the chicks and makes grown men laugh out loud with a smile only plastic surgery can get rid of.

Originally Posted By: Traction
I really like my 1970 Chevy 350 LT-1 I have with only 500 original miles on it. Steel crank, pink rods, 11:1 forged pistons, solid lifters, turbo angle plug heads, and runs perfect with a great power band.

This was a 18 year project, and my small block is a structural part of the car, with a mid-plate, and solid front mounts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UncleDave

I have a V10 as well- thats my second favorite small block

This baby makes 700/ 650 lb.ft.

Sounds like a cross between a BBC and a lambo at full song- scares the chicks and makes grown men laugh out loud with a smile only plastic surgery can get rid of.

Looks like fun.

Mine is still in the car it came in, along with moderate boost it outs down 930 rwhp, and a bit more torque, on pump gas. It's peppy, but can't keep up with my modded 'Busa.

I was more hoping this thread was more about the namesake "Small Block", which means to me only one thing. CHEVROLET

Last edited:
V6

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Your NOT winning no drag races in a 4.3L. Had one in a 94 Chevy Blazer 4wd. till my GF overheated in once.

Oh yeah? I bet my stock 4.3 could do 14 seconds flat at the drag strip.

whistle.gif

in the 1/8th mile

Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
Ford 351C 4V

Amen!!! This engine sadly came out too close to the end of the musclecar era. Recently purchased a restored 70 Mach 1 with this engine, a lot of fun and the stock exhaust sounds great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back