Avalanche front and rear diff change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to change the diff oil , looking at amsoil severe gear 75w90 for both the front and rear. G80 rear, apparently i don't need Ls additive.

My local AA carries valvoline syn autotrak fluid for the transfer case.

Any suggestions? Anything i should use other than above?

Thanks.

EDIT: No where can i find how much each diff takes, so i don't know how much to buy. Anyone guess how much i need?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Going to change the diff oil , looking at amsoil severe gear 75w90 for both the front and rear. G80 rear, apparently i don't need Ls additive.

My local AA carries valvoline syn autotrak fluid for the transfer case.

Any suggestions? Anything i should use other than above?

Thanks.

EDIT: No where can i find how much each diff takes, so i don't know how much to buy. Anyone guess how much i need?

In my silverado ive done two changes. First at 25k with valvoline synpower 75w90 front and rear. Second at 65k with castrol syntex 75w90 front and rear.

I change my diffs every 40-50k. Transfer case once per year.

Last edited:
My 2005 Avalanche with the G80 calls for 2.1 qts. I would add 2 qts and check with the pinkie. You want it a little below the fill hole. My Avalanche is a two wheel drive, can’ t help you with the front. P.S. You need to drive yours more! Mine just rolled over 194,000 miles.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Any 75w90 will work. You may want to get 5 qts (a little more than 2qts for both front and rear). And I would go to the dealer for transfer case fluid,they will give you the correct fluid ad amount

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Donnyj08, how much did it take? how much do i need for each diff?

Thanks.

Get 3 for the rear and 2 for the front. The rear will take 2.4 or so. The front about 1.7 in my experience.

That will leave you with extra.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back