2017 Dodge charger review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my Malibu had to go back into the body shop to get some touch up work done from a previous accident i had about a yr and a half ago. Told Allstate i wanted a full or mid size car. When i dropped the Malibu off at the shop i went across the parking lot and they only had intermediate cars. They gave me a 17 corrola with like 22k on it and bad suspension noises and the mait light on. I have an enterprise across from my job and asked to switch to a mid size or bigger. Then they pull around this nice black dodge charger. It was a 2017 with 46k on it.

I put about 326 miles on it in 8 days. Its a great highway cruiser kinda drives like on old crown vic. It came with the 3.6 V6 and the 8 speed transmission, great combo. Gas millage did suck only averaged about 21mpg but i did drive it kinda hard at times. Sound system was great better than my factory system in my malibu. Also, which its not the cars fault. The car needed an alignment, the steering wheel was not level and car had a pulsation when braking. Dual climate control with heated seats, only thing i wish it had with being such a long car would be a back up camera.

Got the malibu back today from the body shop and went strait to the dealer to get the HVAC clean out from the accident too. When i was rear ended in my accident i had a pop in my hand and it went strait down my vents. Didnt realize it till i put a sub in my car a month ago and had to pull the radio out to hook it up. I was told to choose a shop of my choice to have it cleaned so i chose the dealer. Told them do whatever it takes to get it clean and just give me the bill. Im suppose to just email allstate the bill an get my money back. Dealer did gave me a 2018 cruze with 1.2k on it while the bu' is in the shop.

What trannie would've been in a 2014 Charger? It had the 3.6.
Didn't need the small LED displays in the dash (HVAC, radio, maybe--all junk)
I sold it for my cousin @ 29,XXX.
It drove kinda well.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Well my Malibu had to go back into the body shop to get some touch up work done from a previous accident i had about a yr and a half ago. Told Allstate i wanted a full or mid size car. When i dropped the Malibu off at the shop i went across the parking lot and they only had intermediate cars. They gave me a 17 corrola with like 22k on it and bad suspension noises and the mait light on. I have an enterprise across from my job and asked to switch to a mid size or bigger. Then they pull around this nice black dodge charger. It was a 2017 with 46k on it.

I put about 326 miles on it in 8 days. Its a great highway cruiser kinda drives like on old crown vic. It came with the 3.6 V6 and the 8 speed transmission, great combo. Gas millage did suck only averaged about 21mpg but i did drive it kinda hard at times. Sound system was great better than my factory system in my malibu. Also, which its not the cars fault. The car needed an alignment, the steering wheel was not level and car had a pulsation when braking. Dual climate control with heated seats, only thing i wish it had with being such a long car would be a back up camera.

Got the malibu back today from the body shop and went strait to the dealer to get the HVAC clean out from the accident too. When i was rear ended in my accident i had a pop in my hand and it went strait down my vents. Didnt realize it till i put a sub in my car a month ago and had to pull the radio out to hook it up. I was told to choose a shop of my choice to have it cleaned so i chose the dealer. Told them do whatever it takes to get it clean and just give me the bill. Im suppose to just email allstate the bill an get my money back. Dealer did gave me a 2018 cruze with 1.2k on it while the bu' is in the shop.

Yep-exactly the way I want a new car to drive-like a fifteen year old one........LOL!
grin.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: CKN

Yep-exactly the way I want a new car to drive-like a fifteen year old one........LOL!
grin.gif
eek.gif

Lol I mean by tht is if you don't watch your speed you can be doing 90 real quick

Originally Posted By: Chris142
46k is huge miles for a rental.
yea it is.

I was at Enterprise last week and the rep told me that 60K is not uncommon nowadays. Enterprise is keeping their cars for 2-3 years and about 60K.

Originally Posted By: Kira
What trannie would've been in a 2014 Charger? It had the 3.6.
Didn't need the small LED displays in the dash (HVAC, radio, maybe--all junk)
I sold it for my cousin @ 29,XXX.
It drove kinda well.

The ‘14 Charger, Challenger & 300 had the old MB 5 speed auto tranny which was a carryover from the DaimlerChrysler days.

So how does the Cruze ride and drive compared to the Bu? I'm curious because in a couple years, I'm thinking of purchasing an '18 Cruze. Is it as comfy as the BU? More power, room? gas mileage? Any issues (mechanical, transmission, electrical, heating and cooling)?

Last edited:
grin.gif
eek.gif

They were making Crown Vics up to 2012. Not exactly 15 yrs old. I've owned 3 of them over the years. They all drove pretty much the same...and not all that much different than "fancier" new cars. I'd like to run across a nice low mileage 2010-2012 in the near future for my next daily driver. Getting harder to find though. The "ride quality" and utility of those cars didn't end their long reign...just their boxiness and name tag.

grin.gif
eek.gif

OP may have just tried to convey that it drives like a typical large American sedan... tank and boat like.
smile.gif
Some people like it that way.

Having driven the 3.6 Charger last year, I recall similar driving characteristics. I have yet to drive the SRT version - hopefully the suspension is more sporty in that one.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
grin.gif
eek.gif

OP may have just tried to convey that it drives like a typical large American sedan... tank and boat like.
smile.gif
Some people like it that way.

Having driven the 3.6 Charger last year, I recall similar driving characteristics. I have yet to drive the SRT version - hopefully the suspension is more sporty in that one.

Just for giggles I rented a 2017 Charger R/T for a Thanksgiving road trip. I was actually very impressed- although I'd have to have an SRT if I was buying one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back