Slapped my FilterMag onto a Fram Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a FilterMAG for Christmas and just slapped it on the wife's Chrysler with a Fram Ultra. I do have a filter cutter so when it is time to change it I am curious to see what I find

IMO magnets do help ... will be interesting to see the results.

Probably best cheapest high performance combo you can get and what I do on many of my rigs.

Well....aside from what linctex does - he puts neodymium buttons in the inlet dome - that way you dont even need to cut to see what you pulled out of the stream.

I shoulda thought of that..

UD

So the xg3976A fram ultra doesnt have the non slip coating on it. What's up with this? I always have trouble getting the filter on my truck the full 3/4 turn by hand and was looking forward to having this coating. Only to find it didn't come with it.

I have the filtermag on my (Fram Ultra) filter.
When I cut the filter open, what I see is a very fine 'pattern' of the magnetic field.
I figure it can't hurt.

Originally Posted By: MasterSolenoid
When I cut the filter open, what I see is a very fine 'pattern' of the magnetic field.
I figure it can't hurt.

Got a pic? Goes to show there is always more to catch....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I figure it can't hurt.

smile.gif

Next time (May 2018)

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I figure it can't hurt.

smile.gif

I'd say this engine is having some big problems....

testimonial-jasonwilmon-1.jpg

I think these were in for about 7500 miles (Ford 4.6 engines don't seem to wear much)

Originally Posted By: Linctex

Magnets are 8mm N50 neodymium

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I'd say this engine is having some big problems....

testimonial-jasonwilmon-1.jpg

Definitely smoked.

Yeah, I slapped a pair of FilterMags on plus more bar magnets on where there was space
left! You can see a good drop on the ISO particle size and count test, but it takes a
lot of magnets to see a good PPMs level drop since a spectrometer will pick up super tiny
metal particles.

But one thing for sure my oil is visibly cleaner for months before is starts to darken
even a little. This leads me to believe that 'dirty oil' in a late model engine is mostly
wear metals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back