Running rich banks 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry it should have been MAF, getting late. It will only draw fuel (if saturated) or vapors when the purge activates.
Chasing intermittent issues is hard to do and you never know what your going to find, sometimes its textbook other times it can be unusual. You know like when the cow died and the farmer said strange it never did that before.

Clean the TB and MAF, make sure there are no cracks in any hoses after the MAF to the TB. Clear the codes and see what happens.
If the canister isn't too expensive change it and check all that system. The whole job will be less than having it scanned and I am optimistic about the canister being the issue.

Do I need to replace the leak detection pump with the canister? Are there any specific tests to do on the canister before replacing it?

Seeing as it was spewing fuel out it might not be a bad idea to change both out, no test for the can itself that I am aware of other than raw fuel coming out and physical defects like cracks etc but the contents can still be saturated.
Honestly its hard to diagnose further as to where the fuel came out and why without seeing the car. I am looking as probable causes and possible repairs, that's the best I can do from here.

If you can do the work and its around a 100 to do the job its worth a chance, this is not a cheap vehicle to diagnose at the dealer level.

I really appreciate all the help Trav (and everyone else). I'm going to figure out how to replace it, can't find any guides anywhere. Hopefully it's DIY-able. Crunch time because it's going on a 2000 mile trip in a few weeks.

I saw that thread, trying to picture how the DTML pump connects to the canister since they're different units apparently. I need to crawl under mine.
https://www.ebay.com/i/262856745892?chn=ps

Wouldn't buy a used one at that price but the pics are helpful, looks like the DTML pump mounted to the canister and then two bolts hold the canister on to something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back