Pretty ships in world of warships

Yup, the GK is a very fun ship. Very tough and those secondary guns are a riot. Best game to date below. Almost have the Capt to 19 pts. 2-3 more games is all it will take.

yUEPhde.jpg

xF2wb7L.jpg

CfJT5mM.jpg

The GK continues to impress and the secondary hits keep piling up. Also just reached my 2nd 19pt Capt which is a HUGE deal in WOWS. It takes longer to grind a Capt than an entire line from T1-T10!

VZ7WNuq.jpg

afGefIy.jpg

tiulonY.jpg

rygTryv.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to pop in to say hello, and man, you have surpassed me! I've basically lost interest in pursuing most T10s, my only T10 is the Hindenburg, though I have enough Free XP now I'm considering blasting past the Iowa or Izumo and getting Monty or Yamato. Still trying to decide. Picked up a bunch of new premiums with santa crates though (thanks for those by the way), maybe I'll take some pics later. Certainly glad to see you are still at it!

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Just wanted to pop in to say hello, and man, you have surpassed me! I've basically lost interest in pursuing most T10s, my only T10 is the Hindenburg, though I have enough Free XP now I'm considering blasting past the Iowa or Izumo and getting Monty or Yamato. Still trying to decide. Picked up a bunch of new premiums with santa crates though (thanks for those by the way), maybe I'll take some pics later. Certainly glad to see you are still at it!

Good to hear from you Nick. Yeah. I surprised myself how hooked I got on the game after initially saying I wouldn't even try it. Have amassed quite a fleet now (it's 76 ships in total I think?). Pretty much done it all in Co-op too as I just have not liked Random when I tried it (did play a game about a week or so ago and played a big part in the win) but just like Co-op better.

I know a lot of people don't care to get to T10 because I guess Random at high tier like that aren't a lot of fun for many people. Co-op at high tier is still fun so I am working towards those T10's.

Not sure how much of this thread you have actually looked at since you took a hiatus but I got the Kutuzov in a Santa crate and I see now why you like it so much. It is a blast.

Glad to see you pop in. Post some screen shots and updates on your fleet if you have the time.

Last edited:
Nice, Kutuzov is a lot of fun (not quite as strong now with the smoke firing nerf a few months ago), and it's too bad you mostly play co-op, Kutuzov is a hilarious way to make enemey BBs salty when you just keep setting them on fire. Lately I've been mostly playing premiums to grind credits. A lot of Kii, Alabama, Dunkerque, Kidd, and Harekaze spam for me. I really should keep grinding the USN DDs, I bought Benson but after Mahan I mostly played Sims and Kidd (heal on a T8 DD is great). I recently finally bought the Edinburgh, which is a bit of a letdown for me compared to the Fiji (which remains my favorite cruiser in the game). Edinburgh is ok and the "new ship button" heal is great, but I just miss the shell juking maneuverability of the Fiji. I kept it but I need to put a new captain on it and get it trained up.

Nice, Kutuzov is a lot of fun (not quite as strong now with the smoke firing nerf a few months ago), and it's too bad you mostly play co-op, Kutuzov is a hilarious way to make enemey BBs salty when you just keep setting them on fire. Lately I've been mostly playing premiums to grind credits. A lot of Kii, Alabama, Dunkerque, Kidd, and Harekaze spam for me. I really should keep grinding the USN DDs, I bought Benson but after Mahan I mostly played Sims and Kidd (heal on a T8 DD is great). I recently finally bought the Edinburgh, which is a bit of a letdown for me compared to the Fiji (which remains my favorite cruiser in the game). Edinburgh is ok and the "new ship button" heal is great, but I just miss the shell juking maneuverability of the Fiji. I kept it but I need to put a new captain on it and get it trained up.

Edinburgh never clicked with me either nor does Belfast (T7 Edinburgh). I love Fiji and do great in it and so far I like Neptune a lot but Ed? Just don't get it? I think Minotaur will be my next T10. Have Baltimore too but sort of waiting for the US Cruiser line to split before much more there.

Just got my 3rd Capt to 19pts (Yamato Capt). This is the 3rd of my 5 original Capt's from when I started the game. It only leaves my British Capt (at 16 pts) and then my Russian Capt (at 13pts) and I will have progressed my original 5 Capt's all to 19 pts.

jStfImZ.jpg

The game keeps crashing on me, so I haven't used it in a while. I think I may need to bite the bullet and put a new video card in the Mac Pro
smirk.gif

Lots of new ships there Nick. Congrat's. Notice you have the Montana. That was my 1st T10 and I love it.

So, it's time for another fleet update.

The full French Battleship line was released the other day (Thursday). As I had got those 4 BB's in the special event prior to that (I posted about it earlier) I had time to build resources for when the full line was released. I picked up the T9 BB the day they came out. Just hadn't got around to posting about it until now.

The T9 Alsace is an interesting ship. It is sort of like a German Battleship and a US Battleship had a baby. It has excellent AA (US thing), excellent secondary guns (German thing), but wonky main guns (German thing). It is a ship that wants to get in close and brawl because the main guns aren't very accurate at any kind of range, and it has superb secondary guns, but it doesn't have the armor of the German BB's to really handle that kind of fight. It is a hard ship to play well.

I have struggled with it from a main gun perspective. Have one of the worst hit rate % with the main guns (30%) of any of my BB's with it. The shells just go everywhere but where you shoot. Very frustrating especially since they are the smallest caliber guns of any T9 BB at just 380MM so you are already at a disadvantage offensively before all the missed shots start piling up. I am able to do ok with it mainly because the secondary guns are so good and I went with a secondary build to maximize that but the main guns hold it back a lot.

Stats, port shots, and 1st game results below as usual. The ship is upgraded except for the engine upgrade which will give it a little more speed.

Ship: ALSACE
Nation: French Navy "Marine Nationale" (MN)
Tier: 9
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 74,700 HP
Armor: 19-430MM / 45% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 30.4 knots (32.0 knots w/ Engine Upgrade)
Rudder Shift: 13.3 seconds
Turning Radius: 910m
Detection By Sea: 14.6km
Detection By Air: 13.6km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 15.4km

Main Armament: 3X4 380MM (2 turrets front/1 rear)
Main Gun Range: 20.3km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.27 shots per min / 26.4 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 33.6seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 265m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 11,900 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5400 (36% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
100MM = 12X2 (dual purpose)
152MM = 3X3 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
100MM = 10.8km (dual purpose)
152MM = 10.8km (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
100MM = 22.22 shots per min ROF / 2.7 seconds (dual purpose)
150MM = 5.55 shots per min ROF / 10.8 seconds (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
100MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)
152MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA):
20MM = 10X2
37MM = 12X2
100MM = 12X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 94

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 (increases survivability of secondary and AA guns)
Slot 2 = Damage Control Systems Modification 1 (reduces risk of fire and flooding)
Slot 3 = Secondary Battery Modification 2 (-20% secondary gun dispersion / +20% secondary gun range)
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2 (reduces rudder shift by 20%)
Slot 5 = Concealment System Modification 1 (-10% to detection range and +5% to enemy gun dispersion)
Slot 6 = Main Battery Modification 3 (-12% to main gun reload / +13% main gun turret rotation)

Camo:
I have purchased the permanent camo for Alsace. The camo provides the same following benefits...

-3% Detectability Range By Sea
+4% Dispersion To Enemy Guns
-20% Post Battle Service Fee
+100% XP Earned

Mounted Consumables: (*)
Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)
Repair Party Repair Party (heals back some of the damage taken)
Catapult Fighter (ship launched fighter plane - not very effective but helps some)
Engine/Speed Boost (increases ship's top speed by 8% while active)

* - consumables are manually activated special features. They have a limited active time then require a recharge period (sometimes lengthy) before you can use them again. All consumables have a premium version (II) available that cost resources and have to be purchased for each battle. The standard versions (I) are free and come mounted by default.

Captain:
I have assigned the unique French Capt I won during the French Bb even, Jean-Jacques Honore, to the Alsace. JJH currently has 14 points. Points are assigned as follows...

1pt = Priority Target (let's you know when you are targeted and by how many)
1pt = Incoming Fire Alert (let's you know when a ship targeting you shoots)
1pt = Preventative Maintenance (-30% chance of main guns, secondary guns, and AA guns being damaged or destroyed)
2pt = Expert Marksman (increase rotation speed of main gun turrets - JJH Unique Skill provides additional benefit over standard)
2pt = Adrenaline Rush (reload gets faster as your health goes down - JJH Unique Skill provides additional benefit over standard)
3pt = Basic Fire Training (decreases reload time of secondary guns and increases damage output of the AA guns)
4pt = Advanced Fire Training (increases the range of both secondary and AA guns)

MN T9 BB Alsace w/ Type 19 Alsace Permanent Camo (Port = Black Sea):
3MyRdVC.jpg

P4h2krs.jpg

2JK9s1h.jpg

SJlweCE.jpg

AIS6ffI.jpg

5kjIKwf.jpg

1st game was unfortunately a loss. Was just me and the CV as human players and the CV made the mistake of leaving me, the only other human on the team, uncovered to get hammered by enemy planes and we lost a close one...

W0doCn7.jpg

dZyUPEt.jpg

VChApsg.jpg

This is my best overall game to date in Alsace. Have had more damage or more kills but this is the best overall game combining the 2...

7pCcPY0.jpg

Kx7gjAp.jpg

uQj3EXw.jpg

Last edited:
Just had this awesome game in the US T9 Premium BB Missouri the other day. My best game in the ship to date and quite the payout for Co-op. I actually forgot to add one of the credit boosting flags I usually do and if I had I would have broken 600K for credits.
33.gif
lol.gif

wh21XpP.jpg

7aVnivz.jpg

btWS5Bp.jpg

Another new ship for the fleet and it is another French BB. Picked up the French T8 Premium Bb Gascogne. T8 is a good tier to play at and Premium BB's at that tier earn good resources plus are good Capt trainers so I grabbed the new Premium French BB. So fair it is ok. Good secondary guns like all the other French BB's, decent AA and armor, and wonky main guns. I kind of like it though.

Stats and port shots below. As a Premium there are no upgrades so it comes as is...

Ship: GASCOGNE
Tier: 8 Premium
Survivability(HP): 63,200 HP
Armor: 18-430MM / 37% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 32.0 knots
Rudder Shift: 12.3 seconds
Turning Radius: 850m
Detection By Sea: 14.6km
Detection By Air: 12.4km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 15.4km

Main Armament: 2X4 380MM (1 turret front/1 rear)
Main Gun Range: 23.8km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.14 shots per min / 28.0 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 30.0 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 299m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 11,900 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5400 (36% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
100MM = 8X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
100MM = 10.1km (dual purpose)
152MM = 10.1km (dual purpose)

100MM = 16.66 shots per min ROF / 3.6 seconds (dual purpose)
150MM = 5.55 shots per min ROF / 10.8 seconds (dual purpose)

100MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

25MM = 9X2
37MM 1933 = 8X2
37MM 1936 = 8X2
100MM = 8X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 74

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 (increases survivability of secondary and AA guns)
Slot 2 = Damage Control Systems Modification 1 (reduces risk of fire and flooding)
Slot 3 = Secondary Battery Modification 2 (-20% secondary gun dispersion / +20% secondary gun range)
Slot 5 = Concealment System Modification 1 (-10% to detection range and +5% to enemy gun dispersion)

Camo:
Gascogne comes with it's own Type 10 permanent. The camo provides the same following benefits...

-10% Post Battle Service Fee
+50% XP Earned

Damage Control Party (stops fires and flooding + repairs damage to main/secondary/AA guns and torpedo tubes)
Spotter Plane (ship launched Spotter Plane - increases main gun range while active) (**)

* - consumables are manually activated special features. They have a limited active time then require a recharge period (sometimes lengthy) before you can use them again. All consumables have a premium version (II) available that cost resources and have to be purchased for each battle. The standard versions (I) are free and come mounted by default.

** - Gascogne has the ability to mount a Spotter Plane -OR- a Catapult Fighter in the same slot. I have chosen the Spotter as I find them more useful.

Captain:
I am using the unique French Capt I won during the French BB event, Jean-Jacques Honore, that is assigned to the French T9 BB Alsace on Gascogne (you can use Captains from other ships of the same nation on Premium ships with no retraining penalty). JJH currently has 14 points. Points are assigned as follows...

1pt = Preventative Maintenance (-30% chance of main guns, secondary guns, and AA guns being damaged or destroyed)
2pt = Expert Marksman (increase rotation speed of main gun turrets - JJH Unique Skill provides additional benefit over standard)
2pt = Adrenaline Rush (reload gets faster as your health goes down - JJH Unique Skill provides additional benefit over standard)
3pt = Basic Fire Training (decreases reload time of secondary guns and increases damage output of the AA guns)
4pt = Advanced Fire Training (increases the range of both secondary and AA guns)

MN T8 Premium BB Gascogne w/ Type 10 Gascogne Permanent Camo (Port = Submarine Bay):
ofAAAAU.jpg

SXr1N3a.jpg

L2rGXhw.jpg

rrhmAsO.jpg

4nyvde0.jpg

Z5OdvRO.jpg

Had 1st game already too. Nothing special. Just feeling it out.

oyXNETW.jpg

SOKUbrD.jpg

RpfMU0T.jpg

My best game to date in the French T9 BB Alsace. Took me a while to adjust to the wonky main guns but once I did I have turned it into my 2nd best performing (damage) T9 BB. Really starting to like it. Getting close to the T10 BB but will keep the Alsace and play it often for sure.

sMSRQjX.jpg

AZJjx74.jpg

DAaq9G0.jpg

Time for yet another fleet update.

I have unlocked the T10 French Battleship Republique. This makes my 4th T10 ship (all BB) in the game.IT is AWESOME! Only 8 guns but very accurate and the secondary guns are insanely good. The AA is also on par with the US BB's at high tier which is some of the best in the game. Really like it so far in limited use. I only need to get to the British T10 Bb Conqueror to have all the T10 BB's in game. Don't really like the British BB's though so it will be a while.

Next up it is time to start getting some of these T9 Cruisers finished up. The British T10 Light Cruiser Minotaur should be next.

Stats, Port shots, and 1st game results below. As a T10 there are no upgrades for Republique so it is as good as it will get.

Ship: REPUBLIQUE
Tier: 10
Survivability(HP): 92,400 HP
Armor: 4-590MM / 39% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 30.0 knots
Rudder Shift: 14.6 seconds
Turning Radius: 980m
Detection By Sea: 15.7km
Detection By Air: 15.1km
Detection When Firing In Smoke: 18.3km

Main Armament: 2X4 431MM (1 turret front/1 rear)
Main Gun Range: 26.1km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.84 shots per min / 21.1 seconds
180 Degree Turret Rotation: 33.6 seconds
Shell Dispersion @ Max Range: 322m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 14,500 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 6300 (48% chance of fire)

Secondary Guns:
127MM = 8X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
127MM = 11.5km (dual purpose)
152MM = 11.5km (dual purpose)

127MM = 16.66 shots per min ROF / 3.6 seconds (dual purpose)
152MM = 8.33 shots per min ROF / 7.2 seconds (dual purpose)

127MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

57MM = 12X2
127MM = 8X2 (dual purpose)
Overall AA Rating = 100

Mounted Modules:
Slot 6 = Main Battery Modification 3 (-12% to main gun reload / +13% main gun turret rotation)

Camo:
I have purchased the permanent camo for Republique. The camo provides the same following benefits...

+20% Credits
-50% Post Battle Service Fee
+100% XP Earned

Captain:
I have assigned the unique French Capt I won during the French BB even, Jean-Jacques Honore, from the T9 Alsace to the Republique. JJH currently has 15 points. Points are assigned as follows...

1 point unassigned

MN T10 BB Republique w/ Type 20 Republique Permanent Camo (Port = Atlantic Ocean):

p1yQeIJ.jpg

KSRFcOW.jpg

11KpNHv.jpg

c0jjxUu.jpg

pAYjkuG.jpg

mKwAZtY.jpg

1st Game (took it easy and hung back to learn the ship but not a bad 1st game):

RTCB86J.jpg

BGKDt4S.jpg

U0npBqC.jpg

I also bought the Gascogne (Sorry, Gascan) yesterday, and had a few games in it.

The pen on these 380s is pretty insane, this Montana had a bad time. I know it says 17k, but that's because my front and rear turrets fired at different times, the total was actually closer to 50k in one salvo.

vnxImTy.png

9Ae9kod.png

3sKKrjP.png

VObrlJk.png

This one was a bit of a ??? moment, as it's pretty unusual to citadel an NC/Alabama from this angle.

kgVp37W.png

Last edited:
That's an interesting captain build for Gascogne, I thought about doing a secondary build, but the 152s fire too slowly, and the 100s would need IFHE to do any real damage, didn't think it was worth building a dedicated secondary captain for it. I went with Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent, Fire Prevention, and next will be going for concealment expert. I prefer the tanky build, with the extra heal, and considering how much IFHE damage this thing takes with the 32mm of plating literally everywhere, the extra heal combined with fire prevention is hugely important.

Edit: Of course, it's entirely possible secondary build makes more sense in bot battles than randoms, just due to the nature of how bots play vs people.

Last edited:
That's an interesting captain build for Gascogne, I thought about doing a secondary build, but the 152s fire too slowly, and the 100s would need IFHE to do any real damage, didn't think it was worth building a dedicated secondary captain for it. I went with Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent, Fire Prevention, and next will be going for concealment expert. I prefer the tanky build, with the extra heal, and considering how much IFHE damage this thing takes with the 32mm of plating literally everywhere, the extra heal combined with fire prevention is hugely important.

Edit: Of course, it's entirely possible secondary build makes more sense in bot battles than randoms, just due to the nature of how bots play vs people.

The French BB's have good secondary guns and I tend to get in and brawl when a BB has them. Gascogne, Alsace, and Republique all work well with this build for me. Probably not the best build for Random as no one gets close and fights the way the bots do.

Good games above btw. On the odd citadel you mentioned. There seems to be some kind of a change since the last update that is making BB's more susceptible to citadel hits. Even Conqueror can be citadeled easy now it seems. Supposedly this was not planned. I know I am citadeling German BB's left and right all of sudden.

Back