Pick an Oil and Filter for me from Autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! Just wanted to ask around for some recommendations and opinions on oils and filters at Autozone. Previously I had just gone to Walmart for oil and filters but with the rewards card at Autozone and looking for deals closely it is slightly cheaper to go to Autozone instead in the long run so I am planning to do that. I am always looking for deals. I have a friend that has a ford ranger with over 300,000 miles and he keeps telling me he swears by Castrol GTX High Mileage and STP extended life oil filters. Thoughts? This would be for a 2004 Toyota Highlander 4 cylinder with now around 200,000 miles on her. Would this be a good combo? Thank you all for the help and recommendations, have a good day.

Not a huge fan of their filter offerings. You could do better at Walmart or Oreilly in that regard.

If Pennzoil Platinum and a stp oil filter for $29.99. Wally world $22 when PP on sale and a TG oil filter for $7 obviously is $29. At least it is the same price. Mobil AP and a Mobil 1 oil filter for $45 on sale at AZ. Wally world has that same thing for $50.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
If Pennzoil Platinum and a stp oil filter for $29.99. Wally world $22 when PP on sale and a TG oil filter for $7 obviously is $29. At least it is the same price. Mobil AP and a Mobil 1 oil filter for $45 on sale at AZ. Wally world has that same thing for $50.

I don't know what Walmart your shopping at. But my Walmart has a Fram Tough Guard for 6.64 or a Mobil 1 filter for 9.97 and Mobil 1 for $25.47 those are the everyday prices not sale price.

Well at my lovely Wally World... That TG filter is now right at $7.... Like I said.
Again... Like it or not... There are deals to be had at AZ that are very comparable to Wally World. Question is whether or not someone would want to run a filter that's an Purolator clone. Which I don't mind because I can run the very small one.

Your friend has 300,000 and you have 200,000.....What are we supposed to conclude?

We know nothing about your driving be it trip makeup, climate, speed, load etc.

We do know you'll make the effort to save pennies at the retail level.

Why don't you go online and get some supplies on sale and enjoy real savings?

Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Two deals I'd hit.

PP + STP XL or STP FS + STP XL filter. They're both on sale.

+1

^^^^^^^^^

Great point vwalburn. It's funny but their conventional oil deals with their filters are not really a deal at all at $23-$24.

My Autozone currently has the PP + STP filter for 29.99. Use the $2/qt rebate from Pennzoil + the Autozone rewards, and the whole package will be < $20.

However, depending on which viscosity you need, Valvoline Synthetic + Maxlife 0W20 and 5W20 are currently on sale for $21.95, and PUP 5W20 is currently on sale for $24.95 at my walmart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back