BARNES TAC-XPD Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently had my dad order some ammo for me. I read about BARNES TAC-XPD 140 grain 40 caliber ammo in a gun magazine a few weeks ago. The bullet is all copper and from watching the gel testing on it I would not want to be on the bad end of this bullet. Does any other members here use this bullet for home defense?

Barnes specialty is copper bullets.They have a good rep they were primarily a hunting bullet/ammo company, a bit pricey IIRC.I guess that history would translate to a good self defense round.

Hey, you stole my .40 cal. ammo!
laugh.gif

J/K, he didn't. I ordered this for him. I did a side job for a friend of mine and he offered to buy me and my son each a box of ammo. I chose the Winchester PDX1 125 gr. bullets. All of this happened at the right time. Sometimes it's good to be in the right place at the right time.

Not for home defense but I do carry that load when I occasionally carry my S&W Model 19 in 357 Magnum.

All of the testing I have seen on the Tac-XPD looks great. Good enough for me to trust anyway.

I like the design. I have some XPD 125gr in .357sig that was made by a montana company that went under. Ive shot some of them that chronographed at around 1350FPS. Definitly a wicked round that those speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back