Vibe; 1ZZ-FE, under vc, 265k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cb450sc
My daughter had a 2005 matrix for a couple of years. Of all of the vehicles that I have maintained over the years this one is my favourite. It seems it was designed with easy maintenance in mind. Today's cars should be like it.

I feel the same way. And the cargo area really works well. I've hauled all kinds of stuff in mine; washer, dryer, mulch, bagged rock, etc.

Original starter went out at 270k miles.

Replaced with a new A/C Delco professional series. To my chagrin; Made in China.

Thanks for posting. I love those 1ZZ-FE's. My previous 2001 Corolla didn't have oil burning issues like some others had but it only had 60K when I sold it. Your engine looks great and the varnish is very minimal for those miles. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for updating the thread. I must have missed it till now. Have an 05 Matrix XR with 143k on it. It has been in the family since new and I've driven it the last 9 years.

How many serpentine belts have you been through and what brand do you use? Any leaks around the ps reservoir? Thanks!

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Thanks for updating the thread. I must have missed it till now. Have an 05 Matrix XR with 143k on it. It has been in the family since new and I've driven it the last 9 years.

How many serpentine belts have you been through and what brand do you use? Any leaks around the ps reservoir? Thanks!

Sure thing.

I changed it at 100k, and 200k. I'm currently running a Dayco Poly Rib.

No PS leaks anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back