Supertech full synthetic 0W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen this on the shelf at my local walmart available in high mileage also no price was listed for either quarts and 5 quart jugs.
Sorry a few pictures are blurry the last two photos are the 5 quart jugs.

Surprised that the Walmart brand went through with the expenditure for the Dexos licensure. Some of the big boy's won't even do that.

I never have run this stuff, when my current car is relegated to the "2nd car" status in a few years I'll have to give it a shot.

Last edited:
With the repeating Penzoil and Mobil 1 Synthetic rebates...Supertech would cost more lately. My latest Penzoil Platinum buy cost $11/5qt jug after rebate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Throt
Surprised that the Walmart brand went through with the expenditure for the Dexos licensure. Some of the big boy's won't even do that.

Which major brands are you referring to? As far as i can tell all of them have product meeting dexos cert.
http://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2015/

Good find OP. Not only does it meet dexos1, but the newer d1G2 as well.

Originally Posted By: faltic
Been waiting for Walmart to put this out. Now I know what's going in the Highlander next oil change.

Same! If it shows up on the shelves out here ... I have no issues with running this in my new Forester.

Edit: Looks like only the high mileage stuff comes in 5 quart jugs on their web site. Can't find it.

As of yesterday, hasn't made it to local WM shelves here. Saw the new WM ST Full Syn same design jugs on the shelf though. No WPP/WNE/WSE on bottom of jug, just some numbers.

2 QUESTIONS on WM ST oil now.

Who is blending the ST oil in these design jugs/bottles for WM now?

How much is/was the 5 quart Jug of topic 0w20 ST SYN?

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
As of yesterday, hasn't made it to local WM shelves here. Saw the new WM ST Full Syn same design jugs on the shelf though. No WPP/WNE/WSE on bottom of jug, just some numbers.

Who is blending the ST oil in these design jugs/bottles for WM now? I believe it's still Warren

How much is/was the 5 quart Jug of topic 0w20 ST SYN? $17.XX

Bolded answers.

Nice job jakewells spotting that and snapping the photos. I've not seen it myself yet but haven't been in Walmart in a month or so. Now we just need PQIA to test it.

Does someone have to buy it and send it to PQIA for them to test?

I'm headed to WalMart after work tonight to pick up some starting fluid and brake cleaner. Will probably take a look and see if they have any of this on the shelf.

I imagine cars that use 0w-20 are getting old enough or cheap/popular enough that WM Shoppers are needing it for their vehicles. Truth be told, oil and like supplies are really the only thing I get at Walmart

I picked up a few jugs of 5w20 full syn for $11 the other day.

From my research wally uses several regional suppliers.

If it says LEE on the bottom of the jug, it is made by Citgo.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
According to the website the quart bottles were in stock at my local store. That is not the case.

That's a typical Walmart problem a lot of time it is in the back of the store and someone hasn't moved it to the shelves on the isles.

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
Does it pass the Chrysler spec? I can't read the blurry words in the photo.

The bottle doesn't say that it does.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: Sayjac

Who is blending the ST oil in these design jugs/bottles for WM now? I believe it's still Warren

How much is/was the 5 quart Jug of topic 0w20 ST SYN? $17.XX

Bolded answers.

Could be a Warren Distribution/Warren Performance product. However 'afaik' I've never seen an oil including ST, blended by them that didn't have the WPP, WNE, or WSE on the bottom of the bottle or jug. It is possible though with the new bottle/jug design they decided to leave it off. If true, seems odd imo.

As for price, looking yesterday again managed to see the qt bottle of ST Syn 0w20 and it looked to be same price as other ST Syn. Didn't see a spot for 0w20 jug yet, but would seem like price will be same as all other ST Syn.

I appreciate the reply to the query.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back