New Blizzak LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tirereview.com/bridgestone-blizzak-lt/

Quote:
...Bridgestone Americas, Inc. announced it will expand its premium winter tire line with the release of the Bridgestone Blizzak LT tire for heavy-duty pickup trucks and SUVs....The new Blizzak LT is designed to provide drivers with improved handling and control during winter weather from wet to snowy and icy conditions. ...

...“The Bridgestone Blizzak LT tire is the next-generation in winter performance for heavy-duty pickup trucks and SUVs,” said Erik Seidel, president of Bridgestone’s consumer replacement tire sales for the U.S. and Canada. “Light truck customers are demanding a dedicated winter tire that allows them to easily navigate the nastiest winter conditions season after season, and the Blizzak LT tire delivers.”...

...The tire has a new tread pattern designed with 30 percent more biting edges for enhanced snow traction and more water evacuation channels than the Blizzak W965. ...

I was interested in getting Blizzak LT's last November, but there was no such thing.
I ended up buying a set of LT winter tires from General, and have been driving on them for 3 months now. They work fairly well, but aren't as good as I'm used to with Blizzaks on my Camaro.

I looked at the Blizzak W965 last fall looking for winter tires for my 2500 Suburban. There aren't many options in 265/75R16 LRE. I was turned off by the fact that it seemed the W965 hadn't been updated since it was introduced many many years ago. I ended up buying Goodyear's Ultra Grip® Ice WRT (Light Truck). They had the right size and load rating and the price wasn't bad. Had this new tire been out last fall, I would have looked closely at them. The Goodyear's seem to be pretty good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back