Have a look see ~ at this ```

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings guys ~ Richard's the name ~ Journeyman Mechanic retired ``` I've used Bathroom tissue oil ~ Bypass Filters ~ since it/Frantz showed it ```

Couple years ago ~ I hooked one up to a Paint Pressure Tank ~ moved very dirty drain oil ~ through the filter ~ with my compressor ```

Well, I forgot about it ~ for couple years ~ daughter wanted one on her car ~ so I open up ~ cleaned it up ~ it had been sitting outside for a good while ~ have a look ```

Let me see now ~ the first picture is the bottom of the Tissue Filter ~ where oil leaves ~ to return to the engine ~ in this case ~ back to the Pressure Pot ``` Next is shown what is found in the 1 1/2" tube ~ that takes oil to the top ~ of the tissue roll ~ I installed this filter ~ without a puller ~ so I pulled it out with a pair of pliers ~ look couldn't get through the filter ~ glop and gunk ~ between my fingers ~ it felt like ~ grinding compound ``` That's what is in dirty oil ~ less if you change it often ~ but ```

The oil in the pot looks like honey ~ I could use it for lube in an oil can ```

I cleaned the filter body ~ and installed it on daughters car ~ I made a heavy wire puller ~ before installing in in her car ``` Any questions ```

Richard

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
English translation of first post?

He rigged up the TP filter with a paint tank and used the TP to filter some dirty oil. He forgot about it and left it alone.

Daughter wanted to have the TP filter installed on her car so he checked it out and the TP turned into muck.

True ~ not much room in some ~ Here's the installation ~ the above filter ~ after cleaning up with a little steel wool

```
This is in ~ a Sidekick ~ just installed this engine ~ it had 134,000 miles ~ still pretty tight ``` This install ~ was with ~ sandwich adapter ```

The pink armor is to ~ protect from Chafing ~ as you know ~ I used up ~ armor roll ~ cause she likes it pretty ~ under hood ```

Just the outer two runs of Armor ~on the bottom picture ~ are the filter hoses ```
------------------------------------------------------------------------

bubbatime ~ would you like that in ~ American English or Fidadibble ```

Last edited:
Yeh, I heard they were doing ~ that sort O thing ``` Never believed it tho ```

Nah ~ must be some ~kind a joke ~ er sumpthing ```

Meself ~ I just install the canister ~ fer looks ```

Installed ~ in youngest daughter's car ~ as well ~ both of these are from the collection of Frantz filters ~ gathered over the years ```

Why god why, when you replaced the motor, did you not junk that manifold. That thing holds more carbon in it than a bag of charcoal.

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
Why god why, when you replaced the motor, did you not junk that manifold. That thing holds more carbon in it than a bag of charcoal.

Will you explain ``` The manifold was clean ~ when removed ~ to install gaskets ~ but thanks ```

I've got a Couple ~ Zuki engines at the lower ranch ~ one in a car ~ never noticed ~ what you've mentioned ```

Richard

Last edited:
If the EGR pathway in the manifold is clean, that means it is plugged before it gets there.

Put a air oil separator on the PCV, it'll help the intake.

First thing I always do for them is longtime headers, 2.25 exhaust and hugh flow cat.

Helps them breathe.

Originally Posted By: valley_ranch

Maybe it's just me, but I do believe that you will get a more serious reception here if you endeavor to use standard English - devoid of extraneous odd punctuation and symbols.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: valley_ranch

Maybe it's just me, but I do believe that you will get a more serious reception here if you endeavor to use standard English - devoid of extraneous odd punctuation and symbols.

No, it's not just you. I have been struggling to read valley's posts because of the goofy extra punctuation. I mean, I know I tend to use ellipses in my posts, but at least those are somewhat standard usage. All these extra tildes, etc.. I almost didn't read any of what he wrote because it was so off-putting.

Valley_Ranch, why all the extra unnecessary punctuation?

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
TP filter? As in toilet paper? People are using TOILET PAPER as oil filters!!?? What?

The TP filter idea / concept has been around for a LONG time . I read , a LONG time ago that the major down side is if you have any significant water in the oil ( condensation or leaks ) , the water will mess up the TP .

I have no personal knowledge on the subject , but I am open to lookinf at / listen to anyone that does .

I would also be concerned apout creating back pressure with the TP filter .

Read it ~ or ~ scan it ~ as you would a field military communication ```

Greetings Twister ~ Yes ~ TP will absorb water ~ not necessary ~ a down side ~ stops acid formation ``` Water entry ~ should be repaired ~ small amount of moisture ~ not a problem ```

God Love and Bless you as well ```

Richard

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
If the EGR pathway in the manifold is clean, that means it is plugged before it gets there.

Put a air oil separator on the PCV, it'll help the intake.

First thing I always do for them is longtime headers, 2.25 exhaust and hugh flow cat.

Helps them breathe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have a look ~ thanks ~ have a lot of 1st hand ~ Zuki know how do you ~ will check & re back ```

Richard

I bought an engine off of q shop a few years ago so I wouldn't have to go through it.

They screwed me, and I ended up taking it apart. Found all sorts of things.

That engine is one of the finest engines ever put into a production vehicle... And it gets no respect.

Everyone runs thick oil in them, but it seems to cquse issues on the front cylinder. But they sheer oil really quickly. Mine loved m1 0w40. Ran my first one on 15w40 delo until I realized the front cylinder issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back