Buying a new Impala after test driving 9 vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: drfeelgood
My wife and I recently bought a 2017 LaCrosse. Main car we shopped against was the Impala. They are both really nice cars, with the Buick having the start/stop, as noted above. I'm not a fan of the technology, and would have preferred a way to disable it, but it is essentially seamless.

I think you should have bought both cars since it appears you are short of vehicles
wink.gif

My wife and I recently bought a 2017 LaCrosse. Main car we shopped against was the Impala. They are both really nice cars, with the Buick having the start/stop, as noted above. I'm not a fan of the technology, and would have preferred a way to disable it, but it is essentially seamless.

Glad our 2017 Buick Regal GS doesn't have this feature.
grin2.gif

Last summer we took a road trip in a brand new Impala with the V6.
From Denver to Vegas to L.A. to San Diego back to L.A then Vegas and Denver.
Lots of Mountain driving at high altitude and that V6 with 4 adults and the trunk packed just ate up those hills.
Quiet ,smooth and a nice interior.
The only complaint i had as I rode 90% of the trip in the back seat which was very roomy was that the seat cushions were too firm,my butt hurt!

Here is the Chevelle when Year One was testing their new larger "old school" wheels. It has the original SS wheels back on now

Looks like I'm the only one here who actually owns a 2014+ Impala. I've had a 2016 for 2 years and have 19,000 miles on it. I have the 2.5 with the start/stop tech. It is not the end of the world as some people here imagine. It's barely noticeable. I appreciate the engine stopping and going silent at traffic lights instead of continuing to spew pollutants into the air. I wish all vehicles had the technology.

The Impala has been trouble free. No issues at all. I recently drove (two drivers) from Philly to Tampa. Pulled out of my driveway at 5 am and arrived at my place in Tampa at 9 pm the same day. Great car on the road with plenty of room and comfortable seats.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: carviewsonic
Buying a new Impala after test driving 9 vehicles
Sorry if this was answered already, but which 8 other vehicles did you test drive?

Sorry for the late response,
I test drove.. Ford Escape SEL, Honda CRV EXL, Subaru Legacy Limited 4 cyl & then 6 cyl, Mazda CX-5 GT, Chev Colorado Z71 crew cab, Kia Optima SXL, Kia Sorento.

The test driving took place over the last 4 weeks or so. Frankly, I'm glad it's over. As you can tell, I wasn't sure what we should buy. My wife looked at my top two picks (Impala and Mazda CX-5) with me, she wasn't interested in spending all that time at the dealers. Looking forward to our Impala arriving at the dealer...

Here is the Mustang
Here is the Chevelle when Year One was testing their new larger "old school" wheels. It has the original SS wheels back on now

Sorry for the way late reply, Drfeelgood. Those are some great looking cars!
11.gif

Originally Posted By: Jimzz
Yea the 2014+ Impala uses the same build design as the last Saab 9-5. That was the car that was supposed to save Saab but then the financial crisis hit.

Very nice car with the V6. The 4cyl is a little weak for that car IMO.

Agree … having rented both I look for the V6 on National lots …

Originally Posted By: Ed_T
GM is ending production of the Impala soon.

Yeah. GM finally ends up with a car (i.e., an automobile, not an SUV or a truck of some sort) that is CR's top pick among automobiles -- think about that for a minute! -- and the car is going out of production because the buying public is fascinated with SUVs and trucks and GM can't sell the Impala. Go figure. It's a real shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back