What Are You Doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zfasts03

this is what I am looking at for about $37,000

This color is new to me. Looks very sharp. My mom has this in the 2015 inferno red. Very nice truck. Very unstoppable with the rear locker too.

My only complaint is the lack of power. 4.10 gearing and the 4.0 V6. Perhaps they updated this?

Oh yeah and since this is BITOG, the oil filter is a PIA to get to. That nice 1/4" fancy TRD front skid has to COME OFF. 4 bolts. I cuss every time.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Oh yeah and since this is BITOG, the oil filter is a PIA to get to. That nice 1/4" fancy TRD front skid has to COME OFF. 4 bolts. I cuss every time.

I know on the Tundra's some have taken a hole saw to their skidplate. Depending upon the cost I wonder if that might be a "fix".

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: supton

Same jackstand?

Yeah but the way he framed the shot we don't know if the back is open.
crackmeup2.gif

Yes I put that trailer on a jackstands...its due to safety

And I doubt that you are using 6tonnes jackstands on your vehicles...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Originally Posted By: eljefino

Same jackstand?

Yeah but the way he framed the shot we don't know if the back is open.
crackmeup2.gif

Yes I put that trailer on a jackstands...its due to safety

And I doubt that you are using 6tonnes jackstands on your vehicles...
smile.gif

Heh.
smile.gif

Actually, last couple of times I used some pieces of 2xwhatever as cribbing material. Large base won't sink into dirt, large contact area on the "frame".

I like your car better, of the two. At least yours does more than go fast. No offense to roofless, but I'm a stick in the mud when it comes to transportation. I've got to have function over form, and usability over vroom vroom.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

I know on the Tundra's some have taken a hole saw to their skidplate. Depending upon the cost I wonder if that might be a "fix".

It would be quite visible unless one has freakishly long skinny arms with little Deadpool hands.

Going in a little late to work today. Sitting here having morning coffee while browsing my usuals, wondering what in the [censored] I did to my shoulder yesterday afternoon.

Heh.
smile.gif

Actually, last couple of times I used some pieces of 2xwhatever as cribbing material. Large base won't sink into dirt, large contact area on the "frame".

Here you have them...maybe it will serve you as a template
smile.gif

Two are bought... KSTools 6t jackstands...4 are "homemade" dunno by whom
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Red91
I like your car better, of the two. At least yours does more than go fast. No offense to roofless, but I'm a stick in the mud when it comes to transportation. I've got to have function over form, and usability over vroom vroom.

I think the two cars have around the same amount of miles on them. The 911 has about 160k miles if I recall correctly. I wouldn't mind having both.

have more space now:
-did a stealth oil change on the mazda5
-carried the wood from the orange store home (Yeah, I managed to fit 28 8' boards in the mazda5)
-managed to find the necessary tools from various boxes (Yay for apartment living)
-did about 1/4 of the bunk bed project (just the legs: pocket screws rock)
-(neighbor could still listen his 5-7 news)
-and provided emotional support to SIL who managed to bump her Civic with her neighbor's Accord

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Watching the blizzard outside. Contemplating going out to plow the driveway.

Just came in from plowing the driveway, again.

Watching the blizzard outside. Contemplating going out to plow the driveway.

Just came in from plowing the driveway, again.

59F here. And raining.

May get freezing rain tonight.....

Had to stand on the brakes this AM for a "not-checking-my-mirrors" guy. Snow tires, OK-ish in rain....

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

I think the two cars have around the same amount of miles on them. The 911 has about 160k miles if I recall correctly. I wouldn't mind having both.

I'm at 170k now, and it does everything I need it to. It carries me to and from work (@28mpg!) with all my gear, looks awesome, and is fast as you-know-what.

...but it will never be a Chevrolet Prism. Beaters of the world unite!

Beat you and raise you:
'95 Hyundai Accent (The hatchback); in Purple.
It had the tightiest (if there is such a word) turning range.
Duck-taped the rust in the passenger door.
hand crank windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back